[Question] Do you want a Interface for Windows Serverfiles?

Hey,

at the moment i am thinking about creating an Interface with which you can manage the whole Server in an Single executable.

(not those ugly CMD windows like now)

You also only would have 1 needed game.exe and can create as much channels as you want "on the fly" so for example the Management Tool creates the whole Channel based on a default channel folder structure.

Another thing i am thinking about is making an socket listener out of it.

So you have 1 Management programm on the Server and if you want you can start / stop the server over an small Desktop application on your PC, without connecting via Remotedesktop.

Would you be interested in a thing like that?

I am asking you, because i don´t know how much people use the Windows Version of the Files and maybe someone has suggestions :)

Greetings Micha aka xCPx

• Love 4

Instead of locale and data in every folder with channel, still it is much more comfortable than freebsd in virtualbox. Personally i use mysql from xampp server instead of mssql too.

It would be nice to make such a debug pannel, considering live syserr and verbose mode and/or mysql managment. It should contain all tools which help with developing metin2.

I tested the files for about 3 weeks on an Windows Server now.

Didn´t even shut down once :o

That´s why i use it for all Servers i wanna develop :P

i wanted the tool to be like " You have a kind of completly new connection to the Server" with Inline Editor for Files etc.

But the game and db you need for it needs a few fixxes :o

Otherwhise it wouldn´t work.

But let´s see how long it takes me to create the Tool ( I maximum have 1 Hour a Day for it, so it could take a while :o)
And then i may write a complete Extension Module :)

For Things you wanna have :)

• Premium

Many people hate Windows servers without reason, its just "style" to hate something what is Windows. I'm currently running my local dev server on Windows and never had problems with it, the memory management and everything works properly. Good luck with this tool, it will be probably useful for many people.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...