communication between the core

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Contributor
5 hours ago, xTryhard said:

every single "core" is a Server and dont know anything from another one if you want to talk with another one send a packet.

It is actually true, every core is a standalone server and they communicate with each other via p2p packets.

To OP and Aress, don't expect personalized solution in a forum, because there may be many reasons why this communication is not working. Maybe you messed up the packets. No one can help you without seeing & testing your src. Maybe they're working but you have a badly configured firewall blocking the p2p ports of the cores from each other.

• Think 1
  • Good 2

@ TMP4at first, i didn't took seriously the comment from @ xTryhardbut after you explained i started wondering and you are right.

When i saw how this problem occurs, i started thinking the cause may be configs, ports, and things like that, but in fact there is not.

Last night I started thinking about systems i have added and reviewed everything, i cleaned some junk and removed some unused systems, bit with no result.

Then, I noticed in the multilangiage i have from owsap there is something wrong but because of my fault when I tried addapting the notice_all function and i failed doing it correctly.

So I tested in the game and indeed after a quest triggers notice_all, instantly SHOUT, WHISPERZ ADD FRIENDS everything breaks between cores and channels.

In my case the problem is notice_all addaption, after a while I find it and thank you for help, now it's time to fix it's i am not sure though for the rest of the people who have this issue what can be the problem in theyr case but i hope what I said gives you a little help at least in the direction where you have to search for your problem.

Edited by Areșș
  • Good 1
  • Love 1

• Premium
2 hours ago, Areșș said:

@ TMP4at first, i didn't took seriously the comment from @ xTryhardbut after you explained i started wondering and you are right.

When i saw how this problem occurs, i started thinking the cause may be configs, ports, and things like that, but in fact there is not.

Last night I started thinking about systems i have added and reviewed everything, i cleaned some junk and removed some unused systems, bit with no result.

Then, I noticed in the multilangiage i have from owsap there is something wrong but because of my fault when I tried addapting the notice_all function and i failed doing it correctly.

So I tested in the game and indeed after a quest triggers notice_all, instantly SHOUT, WHISPERZ ADD FRIENDS everything breaks between cores and channels.

In my case the problem is notice_all addaption, after a while I find it and thank you for help, now it's time to fix it's i am not sure though for the rest of the people who have this issue what can be the problem in theyr case but i hope what I said gives you a little help at least in the direction where you have to search for your problem.

in your case you have to send the message from the client to your current Server (core) where you in this Server has to send the message to each other Game Server (core) and each Server has to send the message back to each client so its along way maybe the p2p packets are working but there is a issue when the server is trying to send it back to each client 

you can test this very simple if your p2p packet is working

goto :

input_p2p.cpp

void CInputP2P::Shout(const char * c_pData)

now when you send a message every server will recieve this packet here to check if this is working use a debug print 
for example :

std::cout << "My Packet is Working! \n";

now when you send a message check the debug console if this message is shown you have a server-client problem

Edited by xTryhard

• 2 years later...