Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi !

I have some questions for you guys:

1. Which is the best version of mysql and FreeBSD for a metin2 server?

2. After I installed mysql 5.7 on FreeBSD 10.3 it gives me the error: Access denied for user ' root ' @ ' localhost ' (using password: NO). I've tried a few solutions from the internet but they are for older versions of mysql. I heard that in /root/.mysql_secret is a password that I should use, but I don't know how to do that. Can someone help me to install mysql 5.7 on FreeBSD 10.3?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/13606-some-questions/
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, iltizio said:

The best mysql version for metin2 is not mysql. Use MariaDB 

to login on mysql 5.7 do this on your Shell:

mysql -u root -p $(cat /root/.mysql_secret)

Hi and thank you for the reply.

Can you give me a good tutorial for installing MariaDB on FreeBSD 10.3 ? Or give me a step by step instructions?

 

P.s. I'm beginner.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/13606-some-questions/#findComment-77606
Share on other sites

  • Honorable Member

What about using Google? Remember: Google is your friend!

 

-> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-install-mariadb-databases-on-a-freebsd-v10-unix-server/

 

 

Cyberciti.biz is a good website for lots of tutorials. ;)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/13606-some-questions/#findComment-77608
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Croparox said:

Hi and thank you for the reply.

Can you give me a good tutorial for installing MariaDB on FreeBSD 10.3 ? Or give me a step by step instructions?

 

P.s. I'm beginner.

In my previous answer I have posted it:

https://metin2dev.org/board/index.php?/topic/11831-install-mariadb-instead-mysql/

 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/13606-some-questions/#findComment-77609
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.