Open Source CRC Patcher

• Premium

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

June 17 2014 - I rewrote the whole the source.

FAQ:

How can I open the project, which version of Visual Studio do I need?
I used Visual Studio 2013, but I'm sure you can open in 2012 too.

What is CRC?
You can learn more about Cyclic redundancy check here.

How can I make a list for the patcher?
You can use the lister tool, it's in the source.

HOW TO MAKE IT WORKS:

1. Change the ServerURL variable in Globals.cs to your url

2. Build the project

3. Create a list with the lister tool (Example of the list)

4. Upload the files and the patchlist to your server (Example of the folder structure)

Downloads:

MEGA.CO.NZ

If you have any question or suggestion please just reply to this topic.

Kind Regards,
Sanchez

• Metin2 Dev 233
  • kekw 1
  • Eyes 2
  • Dislove 3
  • Angry 5
  • Not Good 3
  • Smile Tear 1
  • Think 4
  • Scream 4
  • Lmao 2
  • Good 78
  • muscle 1
  • Love 13
  • Love 208

• Bronze

It's a nice little tool, good job. However I must advise you to completely migrate to WPF (believe me, it's worth the effort). You'd make use of its awesome two-way data binding (along with many other features), and by using an MVVM coding pattern, the business logic would be completely decoupled from the view(s), thus improving unit testing capabilities. One other feature worth noting: with WPF you can customize your GUIs to a depth that Win Forms doesn't even dream of, it's a whole new level. Better multi-threading support, better code maintainability, 0 problems updating your View(s)... All this is possible with WPF and MVVM.

PS: Win Forms is no longer being developed, it won't evolve anymore. WPF is considered the future of Windows development.

• Love 1

• Bronze

Using WPF with the same approach as you'd use in Windows Forms brings nothing good to the table. You should read some articles on WPF and MVVM. The most powerful feature of WPF (two-way data binding) keeps untouched in your project, you manually update your view and rely on your code-behind to perform all tasks (one good thumb rule is: if you need to set names of your controls often, you're doing something wrong). I can't recommend enough WPF using a MVVM approach, you won't use anything else once you get used to it, I can guarantee you that :)

I'll leave you with a few links if you're interested in learning more about the subject:

The World's Simplest C# WPF MVVM Example

WPF/MVVM Quick Start Tutorial by Barry Lapthorn (One of the best MVVM articles I've found)

• Metin2 Dev 7
  • Angry 1
  • Good 3
  • Love 9

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium

It works perfect! Thanks but 

Do you know how to add administrator privilege by starting the patcher.

And how to add a design

Hello.

Design you can do it yourself, by adding images, a web browser component to show a website and so on.

Administrator, didnt made it yet, but i think you have to add it to a manifest file.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Management

Hello,

Today, when I launched an update, my players have downloaded, but stopped when they did not see an NPC that was included in the patch already a long time, but if I move the file without the updater, they can see everything.

Why the updater does not download some files in their entirety? It has some size limit or something?

Thank you

raw

raw

Hello,

Today, when I launched an update, my players have downloaded, but stopped when they did not see an NPC that was included in the patch already a long time, but if I move the file without the updater, they can see everything.

Why the updater does not download some files in their entirety? It has some size limit or something?

Thank you

​Everytime you add/remove/edit something in the patcher, you have do add or remove the hashes again... You get the hashes with the PatcherList, so, everytime you add/remove/edit anything in the patcher, run the PatcherList again and refresh the hashes in the patcher

• Management

Hello again,

I realised that the patcher doesn't download bigger files, like 35MB +, but the download, checks them as complete...

Is the Lister that is doing wrong the crc code? Or is the patcher that have a size limit to download?

Thanks...

raw

raw

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.