[ Dead Download Link ] Vanilla Core 2.4.1 [ We Need You ]

Vanilla

I'm not into editing the binary. Vanilla core should be a project belonging on security, stability and performance. Client binaries weren't planned. They don't provide these stats and everyone wants to use his own binary maybe a new encryption or something like that. So it's up to you to make these things happen. You can easily set the Yang maximum to 2kkk and just let it as it is if you're unsure to use the new gold maximum.

Sanchez is right, you need to edit the source code and change the type of the variables so the gold amount won't be handled as 'int' anymore but as 'long long' or in his example 'unsigned long long'.

@Mehti: Please provide a syslog. I'll try to reproduce the error and see if I can get some more information.

€: I tried to reproduce the bug but nothing happened. I tried it with killing 1-2 metinstones. Then I spawned 10 and weakened them. For this test I've used the aggr-command to make the mobs attack me. Still no crash. I destroyed all 10 metinstones and no crash happened there.

Maybe you've got a quest causing these troubles. Check if you have something like that.

• Love 2

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• Bronze

I'm not into editing the binary. Vanilla core should be a project belonging on security, stability and performance. Client binaries weren't planned. They don't provide these stats and everyone wants to use his own binary maybe a new encryption or something like that. So it's up to you to make these things happen. You can easily set the Yang maximum to 2kkk and just let it as it is if you're unsure to use the new gold maximum.

Sanchez is right, you need to edit the source code and change the type of the variables so the gold amount won't be handled as 'int' anymore but as 'long long' or in his example 'unsigned long long'.

@Mehti: Please provide a syslog. I'll try to reproduce the error and see if I can get some more information.

€: I tried to reproduce the bug but nothing happened. I tried it with killing 1-2 metinstones. Then I spawned 10 and weakened them. For this test I've used the aggr-command to make the mobs attack me. Still no crash. I destroyed all 10 metinstones and no crash happened there.

Maybe you've got a quest causing these troubles. Check if you have something like that.

Ok, thanks.

In v2.2 the package system is disabled by default. You can enable it with the new CONFIG-option:

package_enable: 1/0

1 activates the package-system. 0 disables it.

If it's disabled you won't need to have the package-folder anymore.

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

• Developer

Is it possible you could you fix the oh.takemonarchmoney() bug in db core?

When you use this function db gets stuck in a loop with some AsyncSQL Query error.

Only tested 2089 and 34083 but as far as I know Ymir didn't fix this yet.

This difference file has been created by IDA Pro

vanilla_dbcache
0009DCA9: 3B 20
The problem is just a semicolon in the query, so we only need to remove it.

@Vanilla, check CMonarch::TakeMoney function at Monarch.cpp on db source.

Edited by PACIFICADOR
  • Love 1

when you return 0 and server doesn't boot:

unknown.png

in v2.2 the bug with the query is fixed. Thank you for reporting the issue.

I've also fixed the table name bug since 'name' is ambigous. I've changed the query so it'll select `name` which is clearly the column name.

The first test also showed up a great progress. You won't need to have the package-folder anymore unless you wish to enable the function as I mentioned above.

Next step is to make the dbcache more comfortable. I'll try to let it either boot from the txt-files or from the database. If no txt file is present, it'll automatically print a message and loads the proto's from the database instead of the txt. So you won't have the trouble converting anything. If you still like to use the new system, just feel free to do it.

Also I'll change the binding of the ip in dbcache. It'll now listen to 127.0.0.1 by default unless you specify a new value. This will help to mitigate attacks on your dbcache if you have no firewall at all (it's a little bit cruel to let your server run without a firewall and no bind-ip specified, but maybe under some circumstances this'd happen. So the new dbcache will handle it for you).

• Love 3

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

I guess I'd try a overflow check and maybe raise the maximum hp so you'd possibly get more hp (but I don't know how the client will handle that though).

To invisible bug:

It's clearly the binary, not the gamefile. I joined on my test server and never had that bug (with 34k game I've received this bug everytime I respawned).

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.