[Indecision] Old 2008 vs 2015 Metin2 Style

Brauny chocolate

Hello,i ask help, to decide and make light to my problems, i truly want an answer which will make my mind open, and understand why choice 1 or 2 or 3

My dream is to open a server but i can not understand nowdays which type of server ? consider my goal is to achieve 1000 players online and not earn a single money.
i truly care only of popularity of my server.

an old hard school?  2008 style ...with no mount , highest level 99,  no grotto of exile , best upgrade black steel armour +9  and level 65 weapons +9.

or old hard school ? with mount and pet and costumes, higher level 99 , with grotto of exile , best upgrade blue steel armour +9 and sirio +9

or 2015 hard ? with pet system, shoulder sash , lv 120 and new ymir beta items? and all mount and costumes?

NO ITEMSHOP based,  itemshop contain only micro transition like  kingdom change , name change and only item that doesnt make different at all

if do you answer can you please share your reason and why you choice option 1\2 or 3?

Edited by Brauny chocolate

Make a server with all new updates and with your own story, add your systems like offline shops or something new.

Make a special events, special rewards from quest and new maps, new better drops and spawns (metin stones, boss) and don't add new armors or weapons. 

There are so many "oldschool" servers... But nothing special...

• Love 1

• Premium

Make a server with all new updates and with your own story, add your systems like offline shops or something new.

Make a special events, special rewards from quest and new maps, new better drops and spawns (metin stones, boss) and don't add new armors or weapons. 

There are so many "oldschool" servers... But nothing special...

A server did this in France.... Absolutely 0 people online :/

i saw a lot of 2008\2010 style
and there are lot of more players

but they all screw up with item drop.... it was or too easy or too difficult compared to the real official 2008 lol

i believe  2008 with no weapon lv80 is better...the pure metin2 2008 style.  maybe with grotto of exile...maybe...

• 3 weeks later...

You should make something like the old candylongju,newlongju or finalongju,i can't understand why ppl don't make servers like that,u have the inspiration from old videos with those servers,and don't forget the best items that metin2 has and had are the king armor,imperial accesories and lunar sword,you should exploit this.