I need some explanations for some codes in C++

Go to solution Solved by JachuPL,

• Former Staff

Hello guys I'm a bit confused with some of the functions in the server source first thing 

I'm reading the source at the moment trying to understand how it's work (I'm not talking about how the server is working with the cores and db ....etc)I'm talking about some functions like this

if (GetHorseLevel() <= 0)
		return;

now this means that if the horse level is less or equals "0" don't continue ....

now the problem is when I click (right-click) on this "GetHorseLevel" (I'm using VS2013) and click on "Go To definition" it sends me to  "CHorseRider class" in horse_rider.h

now the thing i can't understand is how the source gets the level of the horse  ???

there are a lot of other things like this (i can't under stand) but i think if I realized this function i'll understand the others

Sorry for bad english 

Best Regards

FlyGun :P

The function from the CHorseRider class tells you how it gets the horse level o.O

no O.o ... can you show me the code that's tells you this ??? the horse level is taken from the sql table but how ??

find CHARACTER::SetPlayerProto and you will know. The definition of the struct passed in param is inside common/tables.h

• Former Staff

The function from the CHorseRider class tells you how it gets the horse level o.O

no O.o ... can you show me the code that's tells you this ??? the horse level is taken from the sql table but how ??

find CHARACTER::SetPlayerProto and you will know. The definition of the struct passed in param is inside common/tables.h

thanks ... i found the struct "struct    THorseInfo" ... i'll read some code now

• Former Staff

ok ... i see the tables and everything ... how this tables get there informationes   from the database (sql) ??

• Solution

On start, game sends packet to DB HEADER_GD_BOOT or sth like that. DB collects all the necessary data, pack it and returns to game. Game gets initialized with data get from DB and it launches. If the data is wrong, game shuts down.

For a player, your client sends HEADER_CG_LOGIN3 packet to game. Game forwards this packet to DB. DB gets the packet, selects all the data from table (look for QUERY_PLAYER_LOAD or sth like that) and returns it to game.

• Love 1