Jump to content

Reliable .GR2 to .OBJ/.DAE Conversion for Blender Import (Newbie)


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to Metin2 modding but I'm trying to get started by importing map buildings into Blender. I've successfully assembled the map texture and the terrain (heightmap), but I'm running into major issues converting the 3D models.

My goal is simply to import models like a1-001-house3.gr2 into Blender so I can place them on the map.

⚠️ The Problems I've Encountered So Far:

LSLib Toolkit Issue: I tried using the LSLib Toolkit (Divinity/BG3 tool), but the resulting files are unusable. They only contain the floating vertices (points) of the model, not the actual faces/polygons. I believe this is due to the old Metin2 Granny version (2.4/2.9) being incompatible with newer converters.

Granny Viewer: I used the Granny Viewer 2.9.1.0, which successfully displays the model, but the version I have does not include an Export function, so I cannot save it as a usable file.

Blender Plugin Errors: I attempted to install the Metin2 GR2 Blender Add-on, but I encountered errors related to io_scene_dos2de (a Divinity plugin), which is currently breaking my Blender environment.

🛠️ My Request to the Community:

Could someone please share a reliable, confirmed working tool (preferably a simple executable or a tested Python script/Blender add-on) that can handle the old Metin2 .gr2 files?

I need a method that results in a complete .OBJ, .DAE, or .FBX file that includes all polygons and faces, ready for Blender import.

If possible, please provide:

A direct download link for the tool (e.g., grn2obj.exe or a working Blender plugin ZIP).

A brief, step-by-step guide on how to use it, as I am a beginner in this specific area.

Thank you very much for your help!

  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Love 2
  • Active Member
On 12/13/2025 at 8:24 PM, otpawocado said:

Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to Metin2 modding but I'm trying to get started by importing map buildings into Blender. I've successfully assembled the map texture and the terrain (heightmap), but I'm running into major issues converting the 3D models.

My goal is simply to import models like a1-001-house3.gr2 into Blender so I can place them on the map.

⚠️ The Problems I've Encountered So Far:

LSLib Toolkit Issue: I tried using the LSLib Toolkit (Divinity/BG3 tool), but the resulting files are unusable. They only contain the floating vertices (points) of the model, not the actual faces/polygons. I believe this is due to the old Metin2 Granny version (2.4/2.9) being incompatible with newer converters.

Granny Viewer: I used the Granny Viewer 2.9.1.0, which successfully displays the model, but the version I have does not include an Export function, so I cannot save it as a usable file.

Blender Plugin Errors: I attempted to install the Metin2 GR2 Blender Add-on, but I encountered errors related to io_scene_dos2de (a Divinity plugin), which is currently breaking my Blender environment.

🛠️ My Request to the Community:

Could someone please share a reliable, confirmed working tool (preferably a simple executable or a tested Python script/Blender add-on) that can handle the old Metin2 .gr2 files?

I need a method that results in a complete .OBJ, .DAE, or .FBX file that includes all polygons and faces, ready for Blender import.

If possible, please provide:

A direct download link for the tool (e.g., grn2obj.exe or a working Blender plugin ZIP).

A brief, step-by-step guide on how to use it, as I am a beginner in this specific area.

Thank you very much for your help!

Have you tried 

This is the hidden content, please

 

  • Metin2 Dev 50
  • Eyes 4
  • Think 1
  • Confused 1
  • Good 12
  • muscle 1
  • Love 2
  • Love 26

OPENING 27.06.2026 SEKAII : https://sekaii.org/

          NEW METIN 2 STYLE, ROGUE LIKE, PARANGON, LV.120+, BREEDING MOUNT AND MORE

  • Contributor

Use noesis to convert .gr2 files into .fbx or whatever extension you like 😄

spacer.png

Full costume sets • Weapons • Mount and pets • And much more!

spacer.png

  • 1 month later...

As how was said above, use noesis you can find it here with a tutorial how to use it. When importing in Blender 5.0 use the fbx(legacy) import and choose on the armature tab to have the automatic bone orientation ON if you import characters, if you import buildings it doesn't matter. Keep in mind only the latest noesis version will work, the 2021 one.


Contact : kenparioart on Discord

DeviantArt : https://www.deviantart.com/kenpario

ArtStation : https://www.artstation.com/kenpario

X : https://x.com/kenpario

Discord Server : https://discord.gg/FzbwyEvnDx

 

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.