Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Greetings to the community
For months now, I have been working on several systems, and I could use some feedback to improve them even more and find out if these are useful ideas

These are ideas that came to me about points that I thought were important to improve, either visually or in terms of having better code and functionality, based on my knowledge.

 

Water improvement

 

My first idea about working with water came from wanting to use lava in fire maps.

I realized that something had already been published, but the code was somewhat outdated and it wasn't the only thing I wanted to work on, so I dedicated myself to working on different textures and managing them together in the render.

This helped me understand how water rendering works, which made me want to work with it more deeply, affecting light, movement, depth, and modulating both water textures to achieve a new look, as well as being able to change the color of the water, creating a detailed range of options.

all from the rendering itself, without the need to use shaders 

 

achieving some basic effects by visually testing

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

and now applying colors, adding more intensity or saturation as a test

spacer.png

 

Many changes can be made; it's just a matter of creativity and playing with the parameters. I really liked the idea of improving the Metin water, as it often looks very old

 

With changes in the rendering of other map loads, it is possible to obtain reflections in the water without the use of shaders.

 

Rain System

 Some friends asked me if it was possible to have rain in Metin2, to which I replied that it was possible, but that in order to work properly, it was necessary to create a rendering for this and configure it to obtain good performance and functionality.

This led me to work on it, starting from the outdated snow base, then rewriting it. I achieved a couple of effects that helped me improve its visualization, and I dedicated myself to working on the rendering correctly.

I take a water drop texture and load it into the rendering, At the same time, I also worked on a thunder effect. I added all the effects that I thought were important, such as the flash when it strikes, sound with depth, different types of sound depending on the depth, and an RNG positioning for the lightning strike, so that it doesn't strike in the same place every time, there is a minimum and maximum wait time before lightning strikes again, where the minimum and maximum time is taken and another lightning strike is generated.

add ambient sound of rain, settings, such as rain quality and intensity, managing the sound intensity with rain intensity control to create an immersive effect, or at least that was my idea.

and more technical details so that I could get what I was looking for: a functional rain effect, with complete configuration and, above all, avoiding an increase in resource consumption on the computer.

I made a video recently showing my progress.
 

 

 

I have worked with other systems, but these are the last ones I have worked with.

  • Good 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34152-showing-my-work/
Share on other sites

  • Active+ Member

You even added a delay between the thunder and the sound effect like in real life, that's super cool. I'd make a video for the water part tho, a gif doesn't do it justice 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34152-showing-my-work/#findComment-173298
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Froslass said:

You even added a delay between the thunder and the sound effect like in real life, that's super cool. I'd make a video for the water part tho, a gif doesn't do it justice 

I'll make a short video soon showing it better. Thank you for your opinion and noticing the details. It took me a while

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34152-showing-my-work/#findComment-173299
Share on other sites

Snow Rework

 

The snow system was already working, but there were certain details in how it was displayed that, in my opinion, made it look very outdated.

which made me start working on it to improve it to a point where I feel more comfortable with it. Although the system worked quite well without any problems, it could be greatly improved.

Modernize certain aspects of the code, improve particle management for better visualization, work on a falling effect on the ground, intensity control, improved texture management, while maintaining the classic look for those who like the old style, and adding ambient sound for a little more immersion.

I haven't finished it yet, but here's a preview for your opinions.
 

 

  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34152-showing-my-work/#findComment-173364
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.