Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, 
I am quite new to the forum so I have been just checking out the different categories and topics. 

When it comes to the metin websites shared on here, backend wise they seem to be quite, well how to say this, not the most secure apps on the www + lets be real vanilla php is pain even with the newer versions. 
As a website backend developer myself I was wondering if there is a cms writen in laravel yet. 

If not, great! I would love to write is as I am going to need it in the future when I get to creating my own server anyway. 

However I am not sure about all the features it would need, could you help me with getting them together? 

Also I am not quite sure what is possible from the data sharing from the actual game server.  Are the websites usually connected to the game Databases or do you just sync the needed data to a website DB every few minutes? 

This is what I got so far:

  • Sign up/in | password reset, account editing in general
  • Blog
  • Some kind of characters detail
  • Player and guild leaderboard (Both as a separate page and a widget for the layout) 
  • Server status (With channels and their status On/Off - possibly even player count)
  • Downloads -> for client
  • Wiki
  • Dragon coins shop (To buy the coins -> This could include have a gateway implemented, Stripe for example and some kind of invoicing 3rd party API) 
  • General admin env. (including grids of all the necessary data {players, guilds, emails sent, logs, invoices, payments, orders})


Also is there some kind of front end template that is just used or does everyone actually write their own frontend from the scratch? 

Thanks for any tips / advices. 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33331-laravel-cms/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me vanila PHP is enough, it moves fast, is clean and for metin2 i think it’s just enough …you don’t need a special webhost  or to spend time and resources with a VPS (webhosts that provides softaculous or any other way to install laravel, or any other way to deploy laravel)to host it, and not to say that not everyone is capable to install or modify a more complex CMS like laravel,  not to mention to setup a VPS with a webserver on it. metin2cms.cf offers a fast and secure CMS and with everything you can use on a server.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33331-laravel-cms/#findComment-168720
Share on other sites

Thank you for the mention. Please have a look at my topic in the marketplace (I don't know if I'm allowed to link it here).

I've developed a CMS built on top of laravel. It is directly connected to the game database with some cache where it is possible to add it (for example, ranking pages).

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33331-laravel-cms/#findComment-168722
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.