Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Moderator

Hello,

Every single one of them, or none. Logs are useful if you look at them and if you need to look at them. Some of them are just obscure "I'm trying to add / fix something and I'm too lazy to remove them". Which is also something I am guilty of. Some others are necessary to check to notice if the data match (ex: BOOT packet) and some other are just debug strings like 2mb of "We just loaded that piece of lua compiled code and this monster".

If you go for a rework of logs or just some clean up, just look at every single one of them and think : "Do I need it? Will I need it? Do I understand it?".

This enough will make you probably remove 60% of the logs and move some to log level 2 or 3. I also recommend you to probably create different files for logging if you go for verbose-y logs. It will make it way better to look / tail / cat the file without having to suffer a bloate 5mb "out of boot" syslog file.

Best regards!

  • Good 1
  • Love 1

Gurgarath
coming soon
My Services

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33296-useless-sys_log-sys_err/#findComment-168609
Share on other sites

  • Active Member
4 hours ago, AgeOfMetin2 said:

I suggest leaving them untouched.

Why? There are really many useless syslogs that clutter the file.

Just remove logs that doesn’t matter to you.

  • Good 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33296-useless-sys_log-sys_err/#findComment-168626
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.