Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello,


I'm a beginner at making quests and I've been studying the code to get an idea of how it works, however, I'm running into some doubts.

How does inserting a new quest into the server work? In other words, my question here is whether there is a specific file to insert the quest into or whether I can insert the quest anywhere. After inserting the quest, do I have to go somewhere to inform the server that it has to run that quest or will it know that it has to run it automatically as soon as I put the quest in a file?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Honorable Member

Insert a .quest file anywhere within the /quest folder.

From there you may compile it singularly via terminal (./qc PATH/QUESTNAME.EXT), or you may batch-compile all of them by inserting them into the quest_list and using the make file.

In order for a quest to work you may want to restart the server, however if it's not a new quest and you just made changes to it, you may also use the in-game command "/reload q" without running into issues.

Edited by Syreldar

 

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-164494
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Lycawn said:

1. you have to insert it in quests file at locale (server side)  2. You have to insert its name on locale_list  ( newquest.lua ) or (newquest.quest) etc 
3 . You have to make.py and then RR server

 

4 hours ago, Syreldar said:

Insert a .quest file anywhere within the /quest folder.

From there you may compile it singlularly via terminal (./qc PATH/QUESTNAME.EXT), or you may batch-compile all of them via inserting them into the quest_list and using the make file.

In order for a quest to work you may want to restart the server, however if it's not a new quest and you just made changes to it, you may also use the in-game command "/reload q" without running into issues.


Thank you both! ❤️ 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-164502
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
On 4/10/2024 at 12:05 AM, Lycawn said:

3 . You have to make.py and then RR server

Can someone explain the 3rd step to me simply? How do I make a new make.py file? I guess I have to make it so that the quest i insert is read, right?

Edited by shiro1802
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-170145
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, shiro1802 said:

Can someone explain the 3rd step to me simply? How do I make a new make.py file? I guess I have to make it so that the quest i insert is read, right?

cd /usr/metin2/server/share/locale/english/quest && python2.7 make.py

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-170177
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lycawn said:

cd /usr/metin2/server/share/locale/english/quest && python2.7 make.py

Then I get: Command not found.

I have Python 3.13
And it doesn't matter whether I enter it in Putty or VirtualBox. I get the same error message.

Edited by shiro1802
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-170178
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lycawn said:

dont take it for literal.. cd to your quest folder . then try make.py without python2.7

or wherever your makefile is

All right. There was a small step forward when I enter the following:

/usr/metin2/server/share/locale/germany/quest && make.py


Then comes: Permission denied

I once read something about: Giving rights at 777 or something like that. Is that related to this? Where and how would I do this now?

Edited by shiro1802
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-170180
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shiro1802 said:

All right. There was a small step forward when I enter the following:

/usr/metin2/server/share/locale/germany/quest && make.py


Then comes: Permission denied

I once read something about: Giving rights at 777 or something like that. Is that related to this? Where and how would I do this now?

chmod 777 make.py then try again

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-170181
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lycawn said:

try to find your make.py file

The file make.py is in the folder:

/usr/metin2/server/share/locale/germany/quest/
 

 


Edited: The make.py file says the following when I edit it:

/usr/local/bin/python
Is the file there?

Ps: Just looked it up. She's not there either. This is probably the link to Python.

 

Edited by shiro1802
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32455-how-the-quest-works/#findComment-170184
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.