Hello,

I'm a beginner at making quests and I've been studying the code to get an idea of how it works, however, I'm running into some doubts.

How does inserting a new quest into the server work? In other words, my question here is whether there is a specific file to insert the quest into or whether I can insert the quest anywhere. After inserting the quest, do I have to go somewhere to inform the server that it has to run that quest or will it know that it has to run it automatically as soon as I put the quest in a file?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium
Posted (edited)

Insert a .quest file anywhere within the /quest folder.

From there you may compile it singularly via terminal (./qc PATH/QUESTNAME.EXT), or you may batch-compile all of them by inserting them into the quest_list and using the make file.

In order for a quest to work you may want to restart the server, however if it's not a new quest and you just made changes to it, you may also use the in-game command "/reload q" without running into issues.

Edited by Syreldar

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

21 hours ago, Lycawn said:

1. you have to insert it in quests file at locale (server side)  2. You have to insert its name on locale_list  ( newquest.lua ) or (newquest.quest) etc 
3 . You have to make.py and then RR server

4 hours ago, Syreldar said:

Insert a .quest file anywhere within the /quest folder.

From there you may compile it singlularly via terminal (./qc PATH/QUESTNAME.EXT), or you may batch-compile all of them via inserting them into the quest_list and using the make file.

In order for a quest to work you may want to restart the server, however if it's not a new quest and you just made changes to it, you may also use the in-game command "/reload q" without running into issues.

Thank you both! ❤️