no hair !!!My client, the login interface sometimes has some errors

Hello, dear developers! My client, the login interface sometimes has some errors like this, look at the picture, there is no hair Error message: 

1012 15:02:04730 :: Hair number 18441 is not exist.
1012 15:02:04734 :: Hair number 18441 is not exist.
1012 15:03:15831 :: Unknown Server Command BORRAR QID|28 | BORRAR

Please how can I fix it? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Torres said:

Hello, dear developers! My client, the login interface sometimes has some errors like this, look at the picture, there is no hair Error message: 

1012 15:02:04730 :: Hair number 18441 is not exist.
1012 15:03:15831 :: Unknown Server Command BORRAR QID|28 | BORRAR

Please how can I fix it? Thanks!

If you can change hair model and reboot server normal change character and test

6 minutes ago, Torres said:

@Ulas in pack?or game souce? Can you tell me the detailed steps? thank you!

thanks

This is not problem just this steps reason

1.Change hair
2.reboot
and your character head bald

10 minutes ago, Torres said:

@Ulas in pack?or game souce? Can you tell me the detailed steps? thank you!

thanks

But normally I know in game source pack

8 minutes ago, Ulas said:

This is not problem just this steps reason

1.Change hair
2.reboot
and your character head bald

just 

3 minutes ago, Ulas said:

Hair models in .epk

I told u ingame create character and test it

It's just wrong in the login interface, select the interface of the character, and enter the game is normal hair lol

• Premium
23 hours ago, Torres said:

just 

It's just wrong in the login interface, select the interface of the character, and enter the game is normal hair lol

My guess is that the index you're using for that specific hair is probably greater than 32767 for some reason.

If that's the case, you got two solutions:

1. Either lower the hair index, both in the protos and in the root msm. (Recommended solution)
  2. Or, apply this query 
    ALTER TABLE `player`.`player` 
    MODIFY COLUMN `part_hair` int NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `part_base`;

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 1

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

10 hours ago, Syreldar said:

My guess is that the index you're using for that specific hair is probably greater than 32767 for some reason.

If that's the case, you got two solutions:

1. Either lower the hair index, both in the protos and in the root msm. (Recommended solution)
  2. Or, apply this query 
    ALTER TABLE `player`.`player` 
    MODIFY COLUMN `part_hair` int NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `part_base`;

Thank you!I'm using the new login and role selection interface, I didn't have this problem before, I can't send you pictures, lol

• Contributor

You're getting that error because the client can't find the index of your character's hair which, most likely, might be because it doesn't actually exist in pack.

Both select and game phases receive the index(vnum) of your hair from the database(player->player->part_hair, as SirEldar mentioned) when HEADER_GC_CHARACTER_DETAILS is sent from the server(if I remember correctly), and attach them to your character by calling chr.SetHair(details.part_hair, which is the vnum).

What I would do if I were you is check to see if you have the vnum(18841) in item_proto, item_list and race.msm, then check to see if the skin exists in pack(item/hair).

To avoid showing up with no head when a skin is missing, we should probably have some sort of fallback to default when it can't find the current hair.

Good luck,

- Amun

• Metin2 Dev 1

On 10/16/2022 at 4:46 PM, Amun said:

You're getting that error because the client can't find the index of your character's hair which, most likely, might be because it doesn't actually exist in pack.

Both select and game phases receive the index(vnum) of your hair from the database(player->player->part_hair, as SirEldar mentioned) when HEADER_GC_CHARACTER_DETAILS is sent from the server(if I remember correctly), and attach them to your character by calling chr.SetHair(details.part_hair, which is the vnum).

What I would do if I were you is check to see if you have the vnum(18841) in item_proto, item_list and race.msm, then check to see if the skin exists in pack(item/hair).

To avoid showing up with no head when a skin is missing, we should probably have some sort of fallback to default when it can't find the current hair.

Good luck,

- Amun

I'm using the new character login interface (interface), when I translated from english and used the chinese epk, but I don't know how to show you the error (upload a picture), so this problem has been bugging me, thank you Answer, can you teamviewer show me the error?

On 10/17/2022 at 12:06 AM, TAUMP said:

I accidentally deleted SetHair in the client once and I didn't have hair often either (I don't even now irl). No compile error, maybe it's your error in the binary.

Thank you for your answer, best wishes to you!

• Contributor
Spoiler
5 hours ago, Torres said:

I'm using the new character login interface (interface), when I translated from english and used the chinese epk, but I don't know how to show you the error (upload a picture), so this problem has been bugging me, thank you Answer, can you teamviewer show me the error?

Thank you for your answer, best wishes to you!

[1]. https://imgur.com/ or https://metin2.download/manage/picture/add/

[2]. No. I already told you what to do.

• Good 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 10:46 AM, Amun said:

Good luck,

- Amun

Supplement: The error message is that the hair is missing. In fact, the clothes display is not the same as in the game. I think it should be a problem in the binary-db, but I can't find it lol

zadDZpT.jpeg

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal