Client shuts down after opening the next one

Hello, I have a problem. I turn on the game, log in, minimize the Client and when I try to turn on the next Client, the first Client automatically turns off. Syserr i i Syslog - 0. This is not the problem for sure as I checked it (and have it done) https://metin2.dev/board/topic/24715-questionrandom-client-crash-with-no-syserr I only get ErrorLog, which is ALMOST the same as when I normally shut down the Client, but with a difference, it also points to some problem with directx. Has anyone had a similar problem? (PS: Sorry, but I'm using translator.)

PS: This only happens with my server, there is no problem on other servers.

q2zMPLC_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

do you have

#ifndef ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD
#define ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD
#define ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD_VALUE1 "[Lider] "
#define ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD_VALUE2 "[General] "
#endif

if yes,there are different versions of it,one of them causes your problem,

if no..well good luck 😕

8 minutes ago, SergiuAndreiM said:

czy masz

#ifndef ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD
#define ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD
#define ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD_VALUE1 "[Lider]"
#define ENABLE_SHOW_LIDER_AND_GENERAL_GUILD_VALUE2 "[Ogólny]"
#endif

jeśli tak, istnieją różne wersje, jedna z nich powoduje Twój problem,

jeśli nie… dobrze, powodzenia 😕

No, I didn't add this system.

PS: I have this error from the beginning (it was also on the clean source), but only now I figured out how to trigger it.

Edit: As for the Debug bin this problem does not occur, in Visual Studio I chose "Attach in Process" for the first Client and when trying to start the next Client, the former crashed, and Visual Studio showed just the following about d3d8. Does anyone know what this might be? I compared the Extern directory with other sources and everything is 1: 1 ...

l47oSLw.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev

1 hour ago, Suzar said:

No, I didn't add this system.

PS: I have this error from the beginning (it was also on the clean source), but only now I figured out how to trigger it.

Edit: As for the Debug bin this problem does not occur, in Visual Studio I chose "Attach in Process" for the first Client and when trying to start the next Client, the former crashed, and Visual Studio showed just the following about d3d8. Does anyone know what this might be? I compared the Extern directory with other sources and everything is 1: 1 ...

l47oSLw.png

just debug, we dont need pdb for d3d8 library. we only need to find the broken code..

Edited by Metin2 Dev

EDIT: I noticed that this event only appears when I run any AS ADMINISTRATOR application. Whether it's metin or not, if I enable anything as administrator, my Client metin2 closes. Additionally, while debugging the Client according to the Martysama tutorial, I registered these "bugs". (Before I did not know that it is possible to debug the release or distribution version in live visual studio at all, in the post above there was no Martysama tutorial, only "Attach to Process".) I compared all lines with sources that do not have this problem and of course everything is 1: 1 ...

SeJjByv.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev

13 minutes ago, Suzar said:

EDIT: I noticed that this event only appears when I run any AS ADMINISTRATOR application. Whether it's metin or not, if I enable anything as administrator, my Client metin2 closes. Additionally, while debugging the Client according to the Martysama tutorial, I registered these "bugs". (Before I did not know that it is possible to debug the release or distribution version in live visual studio at all, in the post above there was no Martysama tutorial, only "Attach to Process".) I compared all lines with sources that do not have this problem and of course everything is 1: 1 ...

SeJjByv.png

delete d3d8.dll in game binary folder. windows already support old directx versions(system32/d3d8thk.dll)

Edited by Metin2 Dev

3 minutes ago, Denizeri24 said:

delete d3d8.dll in game binary folder. windows already support old directx versions(system32/d3d8thk.dll)

I do not have d3d8.dll in the game folder, nor in the Source Client.

PS: PS: As I said, on other servers (also those where Clienta starts as Administrator) there is no this problem

Edited by Suzar

• Honorable Member

If you are rendering the frames while the client is minimized, then maybe try to disable it.

/// 1. @ Source/Client/UserInterface/PythonApplication.cpp
// Search
		if (m_isMinimizedWnd)
		{
			canRender = true;
		}

// Replace with
		if (m_isMinimizedWnd)
		{
			canRender = false;
		}

Also, update your DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

If you say it runs well on Debug build then use the macros set for it on Release and Distribute builds.

This is the hidden content, please
StateManager files without the macros.

• Metin2 Dev 31
  • Cry 1
  • Confused 1
  • Good 2
  • Love 10

3 hours ago, Owsap said:

If you are rendering the frames while the client is minimized, then maybe try to disable it.

/// 1. @ Source/Client/UserInterface/PythonApplication.cpp
// Search
		if (m_isMinimizedWnd)
		{
			canRender = true;
		}

// Replace with
		if (m_isMinimizedWnd)
		{
			canRender = false;
		}

Also, update your DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

If you say it runs well on Debug build then use the macros set for it on Release and Distribute builds.

This is the hidden content, please
StateManager files without the macros.

Hi! Yes, at the very beginning with the code work I added this fix for rendering with minimized window, so I just changed back from true to false and the problem is gone! I don't know what it had to do with this problem not appearing on Debug, but the problem can be considered solved, thank you very much for the hint!

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 1
  • Love 2

• 9 months later...
  • Active+ Member

To further clarify this issue  (because I spent 1 hour to find out the cause of this):

This "client crashes when opening the second client" issue happens because you ran out of GPU/CPU Memory on your PC, so when another process starts (opening of a new app, for example a second metin2 client), the current one (in your case the first metin2 client) will crash because there's not enough memory for the new one.

I encountered this issue after I left my pc with 1000 apps opened (photoshop, virtual box, chrome, messenger, metin2 client, etc etc) so when I opened a new client the other one crashed (not every time!) and I did not know why. 

So don't worry guys! There are no problems with your client, it's just your GPU/CPU memory running low. Restart your PC and clean your files by deleting the junk you don't need, close some apps..

🙂

Edited by SCOOB

spacer.png

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...