Waterrenders, Upscaling

Metin2 Dev

• Bot

Some People know that i do that Kind of stuff so i present it you here

i do have rendered some textures in 512x512 day and a night Cicle but until my rtx 3080 hasnt arrived i started to render some 4k x 4k images on my Processor "took a while but it works"

here is an example of 512x512

1138400000.png

thats 512x512

Since the m2dev hoster cannot support that size of that image i used another hoster;

0000.png

thats 4k x 4k

the same i have done with skill-effects and other stuff , im currently upscaling the "normal Official" Textures and Shadowrenderings to make the game Look more HD like armor-Textures and other stuff "ye i know kinda lot of work but why not, Since covid time i have nothing other Things to do

for Skills here are some examples

Original

spacer.png

my rework

114408ToXiC-Effect-Rework-034.png

im done with Skills for Warrior Ninja Sura Shaman and Lycan and im currently at some Water animations aswell at some Textures wich are mostly AI generated and reworked with hand. i only use for it 2 Plugins and mostly Gimp and Blender :)

what do you think

"here is the Sura Fear Head difference from Original to mine"

https://metin2.download/picture/R208aXAgNZIvvXUkwZmXiJ9TVjXOjqCE/.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1
  • Love 7

english_banner.gif

Very interesting topic. Even software exists that is capable of upscaling the textures via AI. Then all you have to do is fine-tune it. Of course this doesn't work well with every texture but it can make a huge difference to the look of metin2 and definitely is a valuable addition to it. Not only regarding water, but also every other texture.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• Forum Moderator

It's an interesting addition, but sometimes it's taking ressources for nothing.

For ground textures, it can go unnoticeable. For water texture it's great, and for effects it will noticeably make the whole thing heavier, which is not really what we want, considering the effect system is not the most optimized.

Carry on this project! It seems highly remarkable however, I am interested to see in-game footage of this!

Gurgarath
coming soon

4 hours ago, Gurgarath said:

It's an interesting addition, but sometimes it's taking ressources for nothing.

For ground textures, it can go unnoticeable. For water texture it's great, and for effects it will noticeably make the whole thing heavier, which is not really what we want, considering the effect system is not the most optimized.

Carry on this project! It seems highly remarkable however, I am interested to see in-game footage of this!

I dont think so.. Because water and specially ground are textures where you can see biggest difference.. I see biggest problem with npc and char textures..

• Love 1

• Bot

both i tested allready, Water doesnt effect the Ram that much in difference, Textures also no Problem like Terrain, thats the tiniest thing, Applying bigger Textures on little models is the harder Part.

im also Guessing if you have to much loaded of the same model at the same time it could start to lag cause of the 32bit limitation, But on the other side, We`ve done allready some intern updates so it doesnt lag" Enableing more fps not on the common way ofc, Enableing more view distance, making some Performance upgrades "

the only thing with the water is atm that im using atm 512x512 with 100 frames textures and it play"s the animation a little bit fast 

im sure like that we can fix this in some hours tho.

• Love 1

english_banner.gif

40 minutes ago, ToXiC4000 said:

both i tested allready, Water doesnt effect the Ram that much in difference, Textures also no Problem like Terrain, thats the tiniest thing, Applying bigger Textures on little models is the harder Part.

im also Guessing if you have to much loaded of the same model at the same time it could start to lag cause of the 32bit limitation, But on the other side, We`ve done allready some intern updates so it doesnt lag" Enableing more fps not on the common way ofc, Enableing more view distance, making some Performance upgrades "

the only thing with the water is atm that im using atm 512x512 with 100 frames textures and it play"s the animation a little bit fast 

im sure like that we can fix this in some hours tho.

That is what I mean:)

• Love 1