[PyLUA++]Tradehouse / LUA_ERROR

piktorvik

Question

• Premium

Hi Metin2Dev,

I need help with this:

20:20:57.867740 :: RunState: LUA_ERROR: locale/hungary/quest/object/state/mb_igshop:984: attempt to call field `give_item_with' (a nil value)
SYSERR: Oct 30 20:20:57.867829 :: WriteRunningStateToSyserr: LUA_ERROR: quest mb_igshop.start click

This happens when someone buys the product I am offering for sale and wants to take it out or when I just want to smoothly withdraw a sale.

Please help me! Thanks! Have a nice day!

3 answers to this question

I can't tell you how to solve it, i can just try to explain you what's happen here:

LUA_ERROR: locale/hungary/quest/object/state/mb_igshop:984: attempt to call field `give_item_with' (a nil value)

The Error is saying us that a quest is calling give_item_with (i guess you might find it as pc.give_item_with) which is not defined in the module (it might be pc module) and the attempt to call it returned a nil value (because can't find its function body defined). 
The way to solve it is to define the body of the function.

Usually the lua modules are defined by passing a function table e.g. here we have:

void RegisterPCFunctionTable()
{
  luaL_reg pc_functions[] =
    {
    { "get_wear",		pc_get_wear			},
    { "get_player_id",	pc_get_player_id	},
    { "get_account_id", pc_get_account_id	},
    { "get_account",	pc_get_account		},
    //[........]
    //[........]
    //[........]			
    { NULL,			NULL			}
  };

CQuestManager::instance().AddLuaFunctionTable("pc", pc_functions);
}

As you can see here we have a list of methods defined by giving them a name (callable from lua) and a definition which is defined in the .cpp file (e.g. questlua_pc.cpp)

Conclusion is that you need to define your function which is giving you that error and to add it to the appropriate function table.

Edited by Ikarus_
  • Love 1

My youtube channel  on which you can see my works here

• Premium
14 hours ago, Ikarus_ said:

I can't tell you how to solve it, i can just try to explain you what's happen here:

LUA_ERROR: locale/hungary/quest/object/state/mb_igshop:984: attempt to call field `give_item_with' (a nil value)

The Error is saying us that a quest is calling give_item_with (i guess you might find it as pc.give_item_with) which is not defined in the module (it might be pc module) and the attempt to call it returned a nil value (because can't find its function body defined). 
The way to solve it is to define the body of the function.

Usually the lua modules are defined by passing a function table e.g. here we have:

{
    {
    { "get_wear",		pc_get_wear			},
    { "get_player_id",	pc_get_player_id	},
    { "get_account_id", pc_get_account_id	},
    { "get_account",	pc_get_account		},
    //[........]
    //[........]
    //[........]			
    { NULL,			NULL			}
  };

}

As you can see here we have a list of methods defined by giving them a name (callable from lua) and a definition which is defined in the .cpp file (e.g. questlua_pc.cpp)

Conclusion is that you need to define your function which is giving you that error and to add it to the appropriate function table.

Thats my RegisterPCFunctionTable()

{
        {
/////////ETC,ETC/////////////////

{ "get_channel_id",        pc_get_channel_id    },

{ "give_poly_marble",    pc_give_poly_marble    },
            { "get_sig_items",        pc_get_sig_items    },

{ "charge_cash",        pc_charge_cash        },

{ "get_informer_type",    pc_get_informer_type    },    //µ¶ŔĎ Ľ±ą° ±â´É
            { "get_informer_item",  pc_get_informer_item    },

{ "give_award",            pc_give_award            },    //ŔĎş» °čÁ¤´ç ÇŃąřľż ±Ý±« Áö±Ţ
            { "give_award_socket",    pc_give_award_socket    },    //¸ô ŔÎşĄĹ丮żˇ ľĆŔĚĹŰ Áö±Ţ. ĽŇÄĎ ĽłÁ¤Ŕ» Ŕ§ÇŃ ÇÔĽö.

{ "get_killee_drop_pct",    pc_get_killee_drop_pct    }, /* mob_vnum.kill ŔĚşĄĆ®żˇĽ­ killeeżÍ pcżÍŔÇ level Â÷ŔĚ, pcŔÇ ÇÁ¸®ąĚľö µĺ¶ř·ü µîµîŔ» °í·ÁÇŃ ľĆŔĚĹŰ µĺ¶ř Č®·ü.
            { "give_item_with", pc_give_item_with },                                                        * return °ŞŔş (şĐŔÚ, şĐ¸đ).
                                                                    * (¸»ŔĚ şąŔâÇѵĄ, CreateDropItemŔÇ GetDropPctŔÇ iDeltaPercent, iRandRange¸¦ returnÇŃ´Ů°í ş¸¸é µĘ.)                                                        * (ŔĚ ¸»ŔĚ ´ő ľî·Áżď¶ółŞ ¤Đ¤Đ)
                                                                    * ÁÖŔÇ»çÇ× : kill eventżˇĽ­¸¸ »çżëÇŇ °Í!
                                                                    */

{ NULL,            NULL            }
        };

}
};

Any other solution? 😕

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.