Objects not appearing on map and some World Editor Questions

Go to solution Solved by Shogun,

Hello everyone! I'm a begginer in this niche but everything about modifying the game I've loved as a teenager gets me excited.

I'm modifying the map1 from the yellow kingdom using World Editor, and encountered some problems when I used some trees that were not originally in the game, using World Editor I generated the .prt files put the on the map, then unpacked the property.eix from my client, pasted the .prt files, packed then big surprise all my objects like buildings and stuff like that dissapeared and only the newly added objects remained as shown in this picture:  . 

Can someone point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong? Also I haven't seen any tutorials as how to implements new objects into a new client as I haven't found any, its only my intuition that stuff should pe in the property.eix file.

And a world editor question, any idea of why every imported maps look like this:  completely unsaturated, although when I log in game the green gets saturated but still on the minimap the colors are shown as in the screenshot here: https://metin2.download/picture/CdjV7QXL3C3r2e840Id9u81D8pndc6AO/.png

Would love if someone could suggest something that will point me in the right direction!

Have a nice day!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

• Premium

About the first question, you may have overwritten property/list which is a list of all the property files.

You may wonder why the game needs such a list, well, once the files are packed with EterPack the game has no notion of folders or its content - it can only load files whose path is known.

About the second; it may be applying a msenv file (which handles lighting, fog, etc) which you have not loaded in World Editor. Check the map folder Settings file for the msenv path.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, Shogun said:

About the first question, you may have overwritten property/list which is a list of all the property files.

You may wonder why the game needs such a list, well, once the files are packed with EterPack the game has no notion of folders or its content - it can only load files whose path is known.

About the second; it may be applying a msenv file (which handles lighting, fog, etc) which you have not loaded in World Editor. Check the map folder Settings file for the msenv path.

Thanks for the reply!

How could I done such this as I only pasted two new files in the property folder then packed with EterNexus also there is no "list" folder or file, or maybe am I missing something? 

Just checked the map settings and it's pointing to the right stuff like in world editor "B1.msnev" aswell as the textureset #edit nvm fixed this problem

Edited by ionutsssss
one fix

• Premium

There should be a file called list in the root of the property folder. It's a simple text file with paths on it.

Also if you are using a debug client and a file is missing the client may try to find it in a real Windows path.

Edited by Shogun
  • Love 1

https://metin2.download/picture/qD6oo6SbTk6vA0r10xEcTnoWU41zWxdN/.png

This is how my property file looks unpacked, if I remove the .prt files at the bottom that are representing two new objects, the game will load everything just fine, but when I put them and pack everything together the result is as shown in the first picture 

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal