Jump to content

Forevermetin2  

115 members have voted

  1. 1. German or English?

  2. 2. Do you use my tool? Are you interested in more updates?

    • Yes, please
    • I don't use this tool

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

Hello dear interested parties and hello dear critics,

It's been about 1 month since I posted something here, so 
here's a little update about what I do in my free time, when 
I have free time.

You can read the following text completely or ignore it
 

Spoiler

 

thank you for reading this text. This tool is free and was 
created especially for the Metin2Community or for me and the 
Metin2Community. It takes a lot of time to do anything about 
forevermetin2 at all. Be that as it may, it is hard to work on 
because there is no support when I ask for any files that may 
be in question. so i have to look for everything, test it and 
check it for viruses before i implement it in forevermetin2. So
another year or two on top, or a release before that? Oh, what do 
I know. I work in pieces, you could mean 0.01% per day, or 0.001%?
Well, it comes out very nicely and it becomes a practical "Tool?"
or "Set?"... mhm... 

In any case, I only wanted to give you on the way, or give you on the way
Thank everyone who released what you downloaded, used, and worked, even after 
several unsuccessful attempts. as senseless as the (thank you function) may seem
on different forums, the more it brings the creator to get more motivation to 
release something again. These people won't be there forever. I mean to be active 
in the Metin2 section. As soon as people reach a certain stage in their lives, they 
stay in the background and mostly just observe. so before you go, show a little gratitude 
that people have invested a byte of their life in some useful post on any forum.

 

For example, Asiko would no longer be able to run the forum when he is 70 years old.

 

Or maybe yes? That would be good.

☕❤️

 

 

Here is a small picture of the current Pserver section It's the structure, so come with your ideas.

Spoiler

What I want to tell you is the masterlist on the right. 

103350fem.png

there are all standard files that you usually start looking for. you don't always find 
them, or rarely, or not. Many files can be exported directly via Forevermetin2 because 
it is imported locally. Many of them are only being tested or feedback is sought in various 
forums. 

As a small example we see the Monster Information System. I think everything else is self-explanatory.

105634fem2.png

 

On the left side there are different buttons that lead to different threads.

in the case of the admin panel, for example, there are buttons with which I can open a certain folder without having to search for it. example: I want to open pack / root / game.py, I type that in and the desired file opens. I put more in there. I'll make myself comfortable, I'm sure you'll be comfortable too.

 


best regards

  • Love 4
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/22424-forever-metin2/page/3/#findComment-142891
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Hello friends,
I wanted to thank you. 

Spoiler

I'm surprised to see how many like my thread, even though 
I didn't pay much attention to the Thanks feature. The project
as I said before, is a long-term project. It is not certain when 
it will be finished or will be finished at all. But you should know 
I haven't given up.


Some News?

Spoiler

This is not an advertisement for the homepage, so please do not warn 
or delete, there is a link to Metin2Dev. I built the homepage that you 
can see right away for the project over time. As soon as I'm more active
or someone hosts the homepage, will continue to be maintained.

    Homepage: forevermetin2.ovh
    The homepage will go offline soon, but don't worry, everything that's 
    downloadable I'll release on m2dev... well not everything, the graphics 
    etc, the design of the presentation won't be the same.

 

Progress of Forevermetin2

Spoiler

I recently wrote something on the homepage. I'm enthusiastic about my idea 
myself, so it almost sounds arrogant, but that's the way it is. The goal is 
to offer something small to everyone who loves Metin2. It's best to have a 
look at the homepage, I've set everything up nicely for you. Ah and please.. 
play the music at the bottom ?

Happy Valentine's Day, belated, you romantics.

 

  • Good 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/22424-forever-metin2/page/3/#findComment-147550
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 4:39 AM, GAFerreira13 said:

Please pardon my ignorance but, what does this tool do exactly? If you don't list the main features on the main thread people will ignore this.
Regards

the website will may go down soon, but there you can see some features ?

 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/22424-forever-metin2/page/3/#findComment-148029
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

the download from the r2 is allrdy aviable on the homepage.

Or here:

This is the hidden content, please

soon i want to edit the thread (i dont know, i cant edit it.. maybe edit block or something.).

 

give me your feedbacks ? ❤️

Edited by Ace
  • Metin2 Dev 9
  • Good 1
  • Love 6
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/22424-forever-metin2/page/3/#findComment-149162
Share on other sites

  • 3 years later...

Long Text

Spoiler

2020
It is honestly crazy to realize that six years have passed already.
I would have guessed maybe two or three years, but six feels unreal.

Back then I kept working on the tool.
Mostly for myself and for people who were interested in it.
Whether they really needed it or not did not matter to me.

At some point the homepage went offline.
I did not renew it because of money issues.
And of course real life and everything that comes with it.

Later I wanted to continue working on the project.
But somehow I completely ruined the source code.
Literally destroyed it to a point where nothing worked anymore.

I ended up being pushed back to an old state.
That instantly killed my motivation to continue.

The whole tool was made without any AI back then.
So it was a massive amount of work.
Especially for someone who cannot really code.

I mostly worked with copy paste and tweaking public code.
Trying to make it fit my own ideas and features.

Even so, I really miss this tool today.
It does not matter that it never had many big features.
What mattered were the tutorials and offline files.

Things you normally had to search for everywhere.
Stuff like tools resources and other things people call cracks.

In the AI era it is obviously much easier to build something like this.
You can finish in two weeks what took me one or two years back then.
At least that is how it feels.

So now I started again from zero.
I am cleaning up everything that was chaotic before.
That does not mean it is perfect now.

But it is cleaner faster and more enjoyable to work on.
And it already has more features than before.

I also got a new webspace with much more storage.
It is reserved for two years.

The tool itself is meant to work mostly offline.
The webspace is only important for two things.
Patching world editor files like new objects.
And providing updates for the tool.

One thing that made everything harder was Gameforge.
They had every single one of my videos taken down.

Even a video I still miss to this day.
My Metin2 run and jump game.
It actually had a lot of potential.

Right after uploading it, the video was deleted.
Later I received a warning.
Then another one.

Eventually my old account was gone completely.
I had to create a new one.

That account also got two warnings.
Because some people kept reporting my videos.

Even videos that were not public.
They were only listed and not visible to anyone.

That honestly made me very sad.
It is also the reason why I do not upload videos anymore.

I am scared of losing this account as well.
I collected a lot of music over the years.
I do not want to lose that again.

My goal on every forum was always the same.
To be there for the community.

I published a lot of content over the years.
Things that can be found in many clients today.
Often under the codename shyeonline.

Everything I shared was free.
I wanted to give people a chance to build something with it.

When I see today what people do with objects and vegetation.
It honestly makes me proud.

Vegetation in mde format by the way.
I am pretty sure I was the first one using that.
Even if I am wrong, I am fine with that.

Artur was very surprised back then.
He used spt vegetation and not mde.
Artur was one of the top mappers in the Metin2 scene.

Many people knew him as kill movez.
Maybe someone still remembers him.

Even after everything I did for the community.
There were always one or two people.
Reporting my content or disliking it.

For whatever reason.
I honestly do not know why.

I genuinely wish success to everyone.
I see myself as one of you.
Not above anyone.

Anyway.
Thank you if you read all of this.

I really hope I can finish the new tool.
And present it to all of you.
Especially to those who are still interested in my work.

Short version

Spoiler

The original tool source is completely lost and unusable.
That is why I started again from zero.

This time everything is built much better.
There are no folders anymore.
Only dll files that contain many features.

The tool can export what you need later on.
Languages are fully integrated.
You can switch them whenever you want.

Thanks to AI I made huge progress here.
The system is clean and easy to maintain.
No manual translation needed anymore.

The design will mostly stay the same.
Only small details will change.
You will barely notice unless you know the tool very well.

In that sense.
Have fun here on metin2dev.
Be kind to each other.

You are a community.
And also a family.
No matter how different our interests are.

In the end we all grew up with Metin2.
And in my case, grew old with it.

Best regards
Ace

  • Good 1
  • Love 7
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/22424-forever-metin2/page/3/#findComment-173895
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

#SomeScreens and a short video

Spoiler

 

I changed the info window compared to the old one and it fits the design better now.
If anyone has ideas or a better layout, feel free to share it or make one. I’m open to using it.

.png

 

The old design is still there, we’re just adding new details, like the updated dialog windows you can see here. It makes the tool feel more alive.

.png

 

I also reworked the credits section. There’s the option to add more pages so everyone who contributed
something, even small things, can be shown there.

.png

.png

 

A short video

 

 

  • Good 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/22424-forever-metin2/page/3/#findComment-174068
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.