[Drop Bug] Item drop when its not in drop

Hello, i have a strange bug.

I dont have this item in metin drop, mob drop or common drop but it still drops from low level metins 

Item ID: 203 which is Edge Blade +3 http://wiki.metin-2.com/index.php/Edge_Blade

Where do i fix it? I even have Wikipedia of Drop on my server and its not appearing in Wikipedia but still drops from low level metins!

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 1

12 godzin temu, WeedHex napisał:

lol are you sure that 203 isn't in your mob_drop_item.txt??

I have problem with 4 items, ID: 1, 2, ID 178 and ID 203. I dont have any of these in mob drop, common drop or mob proto. They are dropping from metins randomly.

10 godzin temu, ManiacRobert napisał:

mob_proto from server it's not full compatible with server reads

Can you be more specific please?

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Premium

Its in src. But I dont remember where exactly 😕 I got same problem, where I got boss and he drops weird item. I found it in src, deleted the item and thats it.

Fastest way to find it, is to use notepadd++ and find ID in every file in src. Notepad++ has function, that checks every file and search for ID.

Edited by Beforekk

I always wanted to be a hero, but destiny given me a role of a villain throw my whole life

- Tenebris Viator

spacer.png

• Active+ Member

The name of that sword (name from item_proto.txt) might start with a number. The method that loads the mob_drop_item.txt search first for the item name not vnum. Example:
50028    24k 금반지    ITEM_SPECIAL

If I try to add an item with vnum 24 to mob_drop_item.txt I will drop item with vnum 50028

Easy fix for this is to add it like 0024 😂

Also check the file ori_to_new_table.txt.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:13 PM, Beforekk said:

Its in src. But I dont remember where exactly 😕 I got same problem, where I got boss and he drops weird item. I found it in src, deleted the item and thats it.

Fastest way to find it, is to use notepadd++ and find ID in every file in src. Notepad++ has function, that checks every file and search for ID.

Solved, its on the source. Thanks!

• Metin2 Dev 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/23/2024 at 12:18 AM, Angell4k said:

anyone can still help? i removed everything on mob_drop.txt but enemies are still dropping items...

This is not mob_drop_item problem. The problem's source is;

void CHARACTER::DetermineDropMetinStone()

If the array size is not equal with static DWORD c_adwMetin elements. You will get drop randomly item like that.

const int METIN_STONE_NUM = 15;

If you not sure about this, try with disable this code in item_manager.cpp

if (pkChr->IsStone())
{
	if (pkChr->GetDropMetinStoneVnum())
	{
		int iPercent = (pkChr->GetDropMetinStonePct() * iDeltaPercent) * 400;

if (iPercent >= number(1, iRandRange))
		{
			item = CreateItem(pkChr->GetDropMetinStoneVnum(), 1, 0, true);
			if (item) vec_item.push_back(item);
		}
	}
}

If you not getting drop when you disable this code, try to edit your DetermineDropMetinStone function.

On 2/22/2024 at 10:18 PM, Angell4k said:

anyone can still help? i removed everything on mob_drop.txt but enemies are still dropping items...

just take a look at target drop information system. had the same problem. its not just for metin stones, but for every monster drop. 

look at the packets. thats the only hit i'll give you with this one.

Edited by posti
typo

Hello,

I have the same issue on following SF: 

When I set new group in mob_drop_item.txt:

Group    dog
{
    Mob    101
    Type    drop
    1    18   1    100
}

18 should be sword+8, but it drops 50029 (18k golden ring). There is more items like that, but this one is enough as an example.

I searched for 50029 in all of the files, but havent found any reference, that coud create an issue. 

@ TMP4