Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Premium
MINMAX(MINVALUE,FORMULA, MAXVALUE);

MINVALUE: -33

MAXVALUE: 33

FORMULA:  (gauss_random(0, 7) + 0.5f)

 

gauss_random what is????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_function

 

 

Question: Do you can use number(0,7) jointly a float number like 0.5f?

 

Regards, let's study a bit.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/20099-how-to-calculate-instancy/#findComment-109174
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ReFresh said:

@WeedHex I'm not Einstein :D I'm really bad at math. I don't know how to calculate easy equation so I'm not able to find a solution for this instancy.

Just look at..

MINVALUE: -33 -> This is your min value what is possible use in item..
MAXVALUE: 33 -> This is your max value what is possible use in item..

FORMULA:  (gauss_random(0, 7) + 0.5f) -> This is gauss number scale, just how many is random numbers.. (Thats how hard is set min/max values in your item randomly.. //in easy language this is "luck" in game, because this is how many random numbers you has..)

Why you want change gauss numbers? Better is change min/max value if you want.. Because if you change gauss number, I mean you destroy game because original is balanced and good..

How calculation gauss number is here, but idk if is this good idea..:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_function

Just @WeedHex said all what you must know..

  • Love 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/20099-how-to-calculate-instancy/#findComment-109191
Share on other sites

  • Active+ Member

@Cunoo Thanks for your answer. I just need to know max values of average and skill damage which are possible to get by changing bonuses in items. 

I'm not sure if max skill damage is 33% and average damage is 66%.

I'll be always helpful!  😉

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/20099-how-to-calculate-instancy/#findComment-109192
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ReFresh said:

@Cunoo Thanks for your answer. I just need to know max values of average and skill damage which are possible to get by changing bonuses in items. 

I'm not sure if max skill damage is 33% and average damage is 66%.

Yes it is..

MINVALUE: -33 -> This is your min value what is possible use in item.. -> If you have -33 -> 100% possible min value is -33%
MAXVALUE: 33 -> This is your max value what is possible use in item.. -> If you have 33 -> 100% possible max value is 33%

Just gauss random number is number random scale combination from this number (min/max and create random number scale from this numbers..).. For example your min value is -33 and max value is 33.. Gauss random number is for example 10 000 (you have 10 000 number combinations and one min/max value..) Just 1 5 10 21 101 150 164 (10 000 combinations of number) and you want one number from this 10 000 combinations and thats is min or max value.. This is your random chance on value from min >  gauss < max scale.. If you want set new average or skill damage possible value, just change in your min and max value.. This is real possible value..

 

int iSkillBonus = MINMAX(-50, (int) (gauss_random(0, 7) + 0.5f), 100); //Now your possible value is -50% and max 100%.. Chance for this set is same like old values..

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/20099-how-to-calculate-instancy/#findComment-109193
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.