[ Dead Download Link ] [First Quest] Daily Tasks [ We Need You ]

Dollar

Great idea! You've done well especially for the first quest. Here are some general tips though I'm really not a questing professional:

1.) I recommend you to use quest states. It's more readable and you can set states for each part of your quest. You can then also skip the server_timer part. I recommend the same structure that YMIR used for their quests: One for beginning the quest, one for completing each task and one for the finished part. You can set a questflag with the actual time and date to make sure you can kick yourself back to the beginning of the quest if you want to make it a daily one.

2.) Similar to 1, there's a problem with your server_timer. I'm not really familiar how mt2 handles multiple instances of the same server_timer. For example when players relog.

3.) server_timer does not use the player as an instance who created it. In fact it has no player instance at all. Using pc-functions won't work. One way to get around this problem is by passing the current vid to the server_timer function and use pc.select to fix this. But then there's another problem: If the player isn't online, it won't work.

4.) You'd have a look on your indentation. It's best to make sure the quest has a clear structure so you can always have a new look at your script and know in which segment your is.

5.) elseif tasks == 4 then is unnecessary since you return a finishing when-segment. You can just leave that part out and nothing would happen. If you want to add some code after that, I recommend you putting this case to the top of your if-segment, so you make sure you don't miss it and have a clear look at the script structure.

6.) if playerlevel +1 then won't work there. This is not a valid if expression as far as I know^^'

It's a good beginning but I recommend you to compile the quest with your qc to make sure you don't have syntax errors. Keep up the good progress :)

• Love 3

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• 3 weeks later...