• Register Now

Sign up and take advantage of the features of our community! Some forums are only accessible to our members!

Calling python api with C ?

ledi12

Question

Version of Files XXX

Hi,

I'm trying to call some api functions from player module, like character position.

PyObject* obj = PyImport_ImportModule(const char *"player");
std::cout << obj.GetMainCharacterPosition() << std::endl;

I would appreciate any hint to to call python api in C.

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Is not that easy as you think and also you need to make individual code for each function, if they've arguments and more.

Here's my method, i tested it and works fine.

Hidden Content

const auto& poModule = PyImport_ImportModule("player");
    	if (!poModule)
    		return false;

const auto& poFunc = PyObject_GetAttrString(poModule, "GetMainCharacterPosition");
    	if (!PyCallable_Check(poFunc))
    		return false;

const auto& poResult = PyObject_CallObject(poFunc, nullptr);
    	if (!poResult)
    		return false;

for (size_t i = 0; i < PyTuple_GET_SIZE(poResult); ++i)
    		std::cout << PyFloat_AsDouble(PyTuple_GetItem(poResult, i)) << std::endl;

Edited by VegaS™ (see edit history)
  • Love 2
Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 9:02 PM, VegaS™ said:

Is not that easy as you think and also you need to make individual code for each function, if they've arguments and more.

Here's my method, i tested it and works fine.

Looks fine to me :) To make it working I need to inject it as the dll first hmm ? 

Edited by VegaS™ (see edit history)