Problem with player information

Hey there,

I've got a critical error which leads into a trash gamefile if not solved. I don't know when exactly it happened (I reverted the last changes I made to the source code but still the error occurs).

That's why I'm asking here. It stops me from finishing vanilla 2.2 so help could be great for everyone.

Now to my problem:

It seems the gamecore can't read the coordinates where players are located. When I log in (after char creation or simply using an existing character) I get disconnected shortly at the beginning of the loading screen. The following syserr occurs:

SYSERR: Feb 28 23:09:50 :: GetValidLocation: cannot find sectree_map by map index 2
SYSERR: Feb 28 23:09:50 :: PlayerLoad: InputDB::PlayerLoad : cannot find valid location 0 x 256 (name: asdf)

The problem is: these are NOT the coordinates I have.

My character stands at x=469300    y=964200 map_index=1 which should clearly be the red empire. Coordinates are valid too (if I used another gamecore everything works well).

I also made a "prevent-this-bug" with adding an error handler which resets your x,y and map_index if you land on coordinates you shouldn't land (which would cause disconnects, you may know this). But still after resetting the coordinates the error is still there.

Additionally when I use another core, I can log in AND see that the caracter is completely messed up. Some Stats are totally weird (somewhere over 9000) and I can distribute a stat point even if I'm level 1 with no exp.

So I guess there's a problem with handling player information (reading and writing). Maybe someone could help me if you got the same problem once or maybe know where it'd be located (since the source is huge and I'm already looking into the connection game<->db without success)

€: Problem solved. Shouldn't edit the length.h so careless.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

Hey there,

I've got a critical error which leads into a trash gamefile if not solved. I don't know when exactly it happened (I reverted the last changes I made to the source code but still the error occurs).

That's why I'm asking here. It stops me from finishing vanilla 2.2 so help could be great for everyone.

Now to my problem:

It seems the gamecore can't read the coordinates where players are located. When I log in (after char creation or simply using an existing character) I get disconnected shortly at the beginning of the loading screen. The following syserr occurs:

The problem is: these are NOT the coordinates I have.

My character stands at x=469300    y=964200 map_index=1 which should clearly be the red empire. Coordinates are valid too (if I used another gamecore everything works well).

I also made a "prevent-this-bug" with adding an error handler which resets your x,y and map_index if you land on coordinates you shouldn't land (which would cause disconnects, you may know this). But still after resetting the coordinates the error is still there.

Additionally when I use another core, I can log in AND see that the caracter is completely messed up. Some Stats are totally weird (somewhere over 9000) and I can distribute a stat point even if I'm level 1 with no exp.

So I guess there's a problem with handling player information (reading and writing). Maybe someone could help me if you got the same problem once or maybe know where it'd be located (since the source is huge and I'm already looking into the connection game<->db without success)

€: Problem solved. Shouldn't edit the length.h so careless.

I using vanilla 2.1 I have already this problem, player information not saving when /shutdown server and cant save coordinates, some times map auto closing and game crash.. I using now YMIR's db cache and in game/maps log or syserr i dont see any coordinate error and not have any critical error. I dont know why make this, but you can check. Maybe have problem on lenght in core.

Note:* When i use Kingdoms #1.maps in separate core, i have error but now using all Kingdom maps in one core there no error in syserr..

• 4 years later...