New Chunjo Map

Sonitex

• Premium

Hey all!

This is my first map and I wanna hear your opinions and what could I improve. It is supposed to be used as Chunjo Main Town.

Pictures aren't the best quality, they are taken from World Editor.

Note:In some areas, the objects are set wrong but this is now corrected. I took pictures too early :P

Pictures: 

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 5

It's not terrible, just semi-finished. Some more work and it'll be a good map.

I could do more, but I had no idea which textures should I put since it is desert.

Just my opinion. In my case... I'd never work with height brushes the same way as Sonitex does. In my opinion you should NEVER work with them like this. It's wrong from the start. It needs more precision and much more patience to make them look "good".
It's not only about doing some mountain and then smooth it. This will not create much realistic mountains.
Then there are places where are placed the objects.. these seem not terrible, but still boring.

About the texturing.. try to look at some desert images, which you can find simply with use of google search and see how these "desert towns" look.

I can post some example.
It's still not as perfect as others on this forum can do it, but it looks way better than the "wannabe mappers" do.

But still!!! No offense, man.. Everyone needs to find own way how to create good maps, keep it up, nothing's possible withohut practice.

chram_2.jpg

Edited by skurto
supplement
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not terrible, just semi-finished. Some more work and it'll be a good map.

I could do more, but I had no idea which textures should I put since it is desert.

Just my opinion. In my case... I'd never work with height brushes the same way as Sonitex does. In my opinion you should NEVER work with them like this. It's wrong from the start. It needs more precision and much more patience to make them look "good".
It's not only about doing some mountain and then smooth it. This will not create much realistic mountains.
Then there are places where are placed the objects.. these seem not terrible, but still boring.

About the texturing.. try to look at some desert images, which you can find simply with use of google search and see how these "desert towns" look.

I can post some example.
It's still not as perfect as others on this forum can do it, but it looks way better than the "wannabe mappers" do.

But still!!! No offense, man.. Everyone needs to find own way how to create good maps, keep it up, nothing's possible withohut practice.

chram_2.jpg

Very impressive map. The amount of details adds even more immersive feel. Would you mind sharing it?

On 14. 11. 2015, Malakiano said:

Very impressive map. The amount of details adds even more immersive feel. Would you mind sharing it?

This map isn't meant to be shared for free. It should be used as a temple map for my project, but because I don't have a lot of time.. it's possible, that the years upcoming project will be canceled and the map will be for sale, because I wont share 90 hour work for free.

12092771_1154538397907446_1632327790_n.jpg

This SS isn't actual at all.