Increase yang limit serverside/clientside

Hi dev's

I'm search a way to increase on server source and binary source the max yang on player inventory (on database i thing i need to modify the gold row to bigint), but c++ serverside e and client side i don't know....

It's also possibile to increase the max ammount of the private shop yang on sell items?

Sorry for bad english

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tooons of threads about this:

(Just to link a few)

The search is your friend

And of course, your own thread:

None of them have got a clear answer as far as I saw, and one reason is that changing max gold limit is a mess. You can change pretty fast it in a few obvious places, and it will mostly work, but you basically need to go over each and every use of gold to make sure you won't be overflowing it anytime, that its not stored in an int (or a DWORD, depending on what you are raising it to), that kind of stuff.

If you know C++, you can go ahead and change all gold ints to gold long longs. I'm guessing you don't and thus come here. But well, that's mostly "all" that you need to do. Find everywhere that gold is mentioned/used/stored and make sure it can handle a long long. In my opinion, raising the gold limit is a waste of time and a source of issues. Reduce your Yang drop rate, introduce a new currency, whatever, but increasing something that's already way beyond manageable (2.000 million is a lot) is possibly not the best way to go.

There are tooons of threads about this:

(Just to link a few)

The search is your friend

And of course, your own thread:

None of them have got a clear answer as far as I saw, and one reason is that changing max gold limit is a mess. You can change pretty fast it in a few obvious places, and it will mostly work, but you basically need to go over each and every use of gold to make sure you won't be overflowing it anytime, that its not stored in an int (or a DWORD, depending on what you are raising it to), that kind of stuff.

If you know C++, you can go ahead and change all gold ints to gold long longs. I'm guessing you don't and thus come here. But well, that's mostly "all" that you need to do. Find everywhere that gold is mentioned/used/stored and make sure it can handle a long long. In my opinion, raising the gold limit is a waste of time and a source of issues. Reduce your Yang drop rate, introduce a new currency, whatever, but increasing something that's already way beyond manageable (2.000 million is a lot) is possibly not the best way to go.

I'm new on c++ but not on programming, i need to change that limit because i wanna install offline shop on my server.

Thanks for post now read and try