Hi everyone, i'm expecting some problems with my server have a couple of time, sometimes the server just lag and take something like 5 secs to execute a function like, open npc chat, open a teleport ring, do a gm command, and sometimes its even worse, the game get frozen no one can move and after a couple of seconds they can play normaly again.

I have an dedicated server with this configs. And i'm running 2 channel with 5 core each (1 core is used only for login in each channel) and something like 150-200 players. 

CPU Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz

RAM 32GB (Max usage i saw was 4.3GB)

Do you guys have any idea what it could be? Which config i should check? What i can do to improve the performance?

The hdd have only 14% used. And about the MySQL server i saw it get high CPU usage and just go back to 5% again. Have something i can do about it?

zPlRjkn.jpg

This is the tasks i have rightnow 
tgiR13D.jpg

But randonly it just change to 

VcHWCaZ.jpg
Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

Slow query log you can enable in my.cnf file, there are a lot of tutorials in internet about it. SMART depends what raid u use, hardware or software

Istny, about the my.cnf. I haven't this file and did some search on freeBSD forum and they said it do not come with freeBSD by default. Could you please share yours with me?

And the SMART I spoke with my dedicated server company and they said me to run a hardware tool. Then i will do it tomorrow when i can shutdown the server and i post here the result.

Type in the console

find /usr -name '*.cnf'

U will see location of mysql config files

Copy my-small.cnf to /var/db/mysql  

Add to it 

slow_query_log = ON
slow_query_log_file = "/location/slow_query.log

and next restart mysql

Istny, atm this is my "my.cnf" what you think about? Could we improve it for a better performance with Metin2 and MariaDB 10?

PS: I use the large instead of the small

PS2: I will can apply this file only tomorrow after run the SMART test.

http://pastebin.com/iJyLrRzf

• Premium

Type in the console

find /usr -name '*.cnf'

U will see location of mysql config files

Copy my-small.cnf to /var/db/mysql  

Add to it 

slow_query_log = ON
slow_query_log_file = "/location/slow_query.log

and next restart mysql

Istny, atm this is my "my.cnf" what you think about? Could we improve it for a better performance with Metin2 and MariaDB 10?

PS: I use the large instead of the small

PS2: I will can apply this file only tomorrow after run the SMART test.

http://pastebin.com/iJyLrRzf

Hm... one of my friends have this issue too with mysql and the cause is the website. It has about 10kkk items on the database (or more) and about half million characters and when the ranking is loading (the web page) mysql server start using a lot of CPU and RAM.

Or maybe you're DDoS'ed. I don't know for sure. Change your MySQL port and see what happens. Also, change your website for a while with a simple one or another site which you know is good.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Dislove 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you protected from receiving API requests? What I mean is this post by Shogun

This requests does not need AdminPage password to work. Everyone can send a request to your server, in the worst case in a loop, so each second you receive thousands of requests that can really slow down your server. If you work on source code, you can fix it.

• Love 1

• Premium

Are you protected from receiving API requests? What I mean is this post by Shogun

This requests does not need AdminPage password to work. Everyone can send a request to your server, in the worst case in a loop, so each second you receive thousands of requests that can really slow down your server. If you work on source code, you can fix it.

You can fix it without source code.

@yagokurt if you want fix for old game file send me a PM.