How much RAM for 1-200 players

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. A core takes about 100~250mb RAM when idling.

In most cases the main core is the one getting ~250mb (it's the core where the starting maps are located and players start to connect)

So let there only be the main core (village maps, etc.) in every channel you'd get approx. 1gb ram full with all of your channels.

But the other cores are also running. Additionally, you have ch99, dbcache and auth. Mysql is running too and all these values are only correct if your server is running without players. As soon as they get in, you'll need more RAM.

You see, it's way too less. Using swap space is a possibility, but if you're doing this, you're going to have a baaad time :´) Let alone the bottleneck you'd create with using your disk as swap space. You could possibly run the server, even with 1gb, but I can't recommend it. But it's just my two cents about this topic, if someone knows better he can correct me anytime :D