Forgot your email address? ×

based data protection

MORTE

Question

2 answers to this question

Being smart, some tools to help you, and restricting access to people you trust... mostly. If my "mysql attacks" you mean SQL injection or something of the sort, that's just programming your website or whatever connects to DB correctly.

This that you ask is in general a very broad subject (it's pointless to protect the database from outside access if you don't also protect your server where the db is), any answer you'll get will either be biased to one option you can use, or incomplete, because, well, this is broad. Also, there's a subtle balance in whether the protections you end up setting into place are worth the annoying it might get to use whatever you are protecting, so in the end, it should be your informed choice.

However the fact that you ask how to protect Navicat might indicate that you didn't really search up how can your security be vulnerable... I think one of the best defenses is common sense, knowing common pitfalls (in configuring stuff mostly) and avoiding them, as well as general security recommendations. I suggest you look about the subject in google if you are really interested in it.

• Love 2