Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a strange issue with bosses on my Metin2 source.

When I spawn a boss and attack it, everything seems normal at first. However, if I stop moving and stay completely still, the boss starts moving away from my character while continuing to attack me from a distance.

As soon as I move even a little, the boss immediately comes back to my position and continues fighting normally. If I stop moving again, the same behavior repeats.

What I've noticed:

The issue only happens when the player stands still.

The boss moves away from the player instead of staying close.

The boss can still deal damage while being visually far away.

Moving the character causes the boss to return to the correct position.

It happens with bosses, not only with one specific monster.

Has anyone experienced something similar before?

Could this be related to:

Sync packets?

Position synchronization?

Chase/Follow AI logic?

Movement prediction?

Attack range calculations?

Any suggestions on where I should start debugging would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

 

https://metin2.download/video/Yw3gw1nNBDY45302Nbke9AYdLwlRbKLj/.mp4

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Honorable Member

The motion files for the boss on the serverside probably got a degree of knockback, while your clientsided ones don't.

The server thinks you moved, so the boss moves with you, but doesn't reflect the change on the client because of this mismatch.

When you move, you refresh your position, so the boss comes back and the cycle repeats itself.

 

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

I know only this bug when you play with Mental Warrior and your Strong Body is activated. This fix is from Marty 

In 

void CActorInstance::__Push(int x, int y)

search for 

	if (IsResistFallen())
		return;

delete it there and paste it after

 

SetBlendingPosition(c_v3Dst);

 

It should look like this

spacer.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.