Jump to content

3D Onject Normal Maps Channel


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,
My team and I have been working in 3ds Max, trying to use Normal Maps on 3D objects to achieve better lighting and shadow effects. However, it seems that for the .gr2 (Granny 2) format, only the Diffuse and Opacity channels are supported.

There doesn’t seem to be any clear information about this topic in the community, so my goal here is to find someone who has knowledge about it and, whether paid or unpaid, to achieve a proper solution together.

As you know, the community has recently made some progress in Shader, Lighting, and DirectX9 areas, and I believe this is a field we should keep developing further.

If I’ve posted this in the wrong section, I’d appreciate it if a moderator could move it to the appropriate one.

Have a great day, and good discussions everyone!

spacer.png

Edited by KSHMR-3D
Translate fixit
  • Metin2 Dev 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34058-3d-onject-normal-maps-channel/
Share on other sites

  • Honorable Member

This is not a turkish forum. While the topic is surely appreciated, please rewrite it in English.

 

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

11 minutes ago, Syreldar said:

This is not a turkish forum. While the topic is surely appreciated, please rewrite it in English.

There was such an error because of automatic translation, I corrected it

  • Contributor

Most of the time you can combine the maps in paint.net or photoshop, as far as I know

  • Metin2 Dev 1

spacer.png

Full costume sets • Weapons • Mount and pets • And much more!

spacer.png

On 10/24/2025 at 9:08 PM, KSHMR-3D said:

Hello everyone,
My team and I have been working in 3ds Max, trying to use Normal Maps on 3D objects to achieve better lighting and shadow effects. However, it seems that for the .gr2 (Granny 2) format, only the Diffuse and Opacity channels are supported.

There doesn’t seem to be any clear information about this topic in the community, so my goal here is to find someone who has knowledge about it and, whether paid or unpaid, to achieve a proper solution together.

As you know, the community has recently made some progress in Shader, Lighting, and DirectX9 areas, and I believe this is a field we should keep developing further.

If I’ve posted this in the wrong section, I’d appreciate it if a moderator could move it to the appropriate one.

Have a great day, and good discussions everyone!

spacer.png

It is not clear to me what the problem is.

Is the problem exporting the normal map to the gr2 file or reading the exported normal map at run time?

If it's the former, then the limitation is likely the exporter you are using not exporting the normal map related data. If it's the latter, then you may need to figure out how to properly read the normal map at runtime.

Note: This is just my opinion, I am no expert in normal mapping, and haven't used normal mapping with models. I don't see anything that suggests the gr2 file format cannot/does not support normal maps.

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.