Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello,

is there any way to "render" map with size 25x25? 

I tried to split map into pieces, but cant figure how. I try to split 10x10 map, but objects were still on places, they were on previous map (Out of map). 

I see some bigger maps, but could not find out how to render it.

Thanks

I always wanted to be a hero, but destiny given me a role of a villain throw my whole life

- Tenebris Viator

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33693-worldeditor-25x25-map-render/
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beforekk said:

Hello,

is there any way to "render" map with size 25x25? 

I tried to split map into pieces, but cant figure how. I try to split 10x10 map, but objects were still on places, they were on previous map (Out of map). 

I see some bigger maps, but could not find out how to render it.

Thanks

On world editor you will always render 9 quadrants (like in game) moving around the map will load the others too.
Splitting a map is not so easy, because the objects are saved on the map coordinates, so:
Start Object000
    25827.449219 -14599.858398 16913.000000 -- x y z 
    18625549 Propery id 
    0.000000#0.000000#0.000000
    0.000000
End Object

You have a map 25x25 for example, and you have this object in the center of map (example folder number 009001, in areadata.txt)
You will have to go and recalculate the position by removing the number of spaces of each folder before it. Otherwise it will set it outside the map in the same position as if it were still a 25x25 map 

You have to calculate this thing for each x and y, in any case it becomes a lot of work, maybe with chatgpt you can automate the work, I've never tried.
You're better off using the 25x25 map if you want to keep the "open world" structure or re-arrange the objects manually.

Technically (I've been using a single, gigantic, detailed map for years on my project) you don't have any lag or other problems. The only "problem" is related to the regens, which are classic regens full of monsters and are not very suitable.

Actually Im half way to render 20x20 map, but still cannot success. WE is rendering map, but randomly crashes and creates in place where render crasher, black square. 

Is any way to prevent it? Sometimes helps to retexture it and render again, but then it happens somewhere else. 

 

.png

I always wanted to be a hero, but destiny given me a role of a villain throw my whole life

- Tenebris Viator

 

spacer.png

I might have an idea, but it's very experimental—meaning it could give you quite a headache. Artur once gave me a tool that lets me merge maps, for example, to create a 20x20 map by combining blue, yellow, and red maps. The tool works great and merges everything properly, but it doesn’t generate a large in-game minimap—only the small one in the top-right corner.

Now, let’s say you have a 25x25 map. You’d probably need to divide it into 5x5 segments. So first, you would use the tool to create a 5x5 map and place a portion of your 25x25 map onto it. This way, you create part of the full map and generate a minimap for that part using the World Editor.

Once you’ve created all the 5x5 sections and minimaps, you would then use the tool to assemble the full 25x25 map by correctly positioning each 5x5 section. The minimaps you created earlier would need to be manually arranged in Photoshop to form the complete minimap.

I’m not a math genius, so this is just a theory—but it might work.

But right now, I’m not sure if the tool actually allows you to shift or reposition the map inside it… Someone would probably need to expand the tool or create a new one entirely. Maybe you're familiar with the map coordinator tools by Kingsora or Martysama—something like that could be expanded and made available for everyone to use. If someone is willing to develop it further, I’d be happy to show them the tool. However, if it's only being made for personal use and not shared with the community, then I’ll just keep the tool on my hard drive.

Someone already asked me about this yesterday, and here’s the answer I gave. Maybe it’ll be helpful for you too.

Spoiler

It's always a challenge to render a map larger than 10x10. Even at that size, I personally had issues with the WorldEditor—even with the latest version from MartySama, I believe it was v44. For maps that big, you'd really need a different approach. One idea is to divide the map into multiple zones and then use a map merger to generate individual minimaps, which you can later piece together to form one complete image.

When it comes to minimaps in general, I recommend turning off the skybox and adjusting the texture sizes. For example, instead of using a 4x4 stone texture, you could reduce it to something like 0.5–0.8px. This makes the minimap look much cleaner. Also, disable the fog.

Before creating a minimap, always remember to make a backup. Then follow these steps:

Finish building your map (so you don't need to redo the minimap every time you change something).

Downscale all your textures.

Turn off fog and the skybox (you can find the skybox setting in Setting.txt).

Once that’s done, close the WorldEditor, reopen it, and load your map again. Then:

Press "T" in the WorldEditor.

Once you're teleported to the far corner of the map, press "F6" or "Insert".

Wait until the process is complete and you're able to move around again.

After that, save your map. Once saved, go back to the main page of the WorldEditor and click on "Create Minimap".

This is the method I’ve always used, and it worked well as long as I followed the steps closely. Maps larger than 10x10 are experimental territory, but that’s where you learn how to approach things more efficiently. What I just described is the foundation.

One final tip: in Setting.txt, you’ll find a value called ViewRadius, which is normally set to 128. The higher you set this value, the more the map will lag. Try setting it to something like 5000—you’ll probably notice that the WorldEditor slows down or starts lagging significantly. So, keeping ViewRadius as low as possible might help during minimap generation as well.

 

Edited by Ace

 

22 hours ago, Beforekk said:

but randomly crashes and creates in place where render crasher, black square. 

Mhh I don't know, I have a map in my much larger project and I've never had problems like this, are you sure the problem is not the map that is missing pieces or corrupted?

 if you use the same black segment on a smaller map I think it stays black

 

Edited by LoKnarash
  • Smile Tear 1

The Illirea project with the 27x27 map solved the whole thing back then by writing a script that always teleports you 1 chunk away. This involved creating ~700+ images, which were then assembled by hand.

I know that Arthur (Kill_moves) did not use the WorldEditor for other projects with larger maps, e.g. Xavia (16x16 map), but used the “manual” method. However, the WE was not yet as well “fixed” as it is today.

  • Good 1

As I already mentioned above, this should work well – even though some things, like the large minimap, still need to be adjusted manually once all five parts of the map have been edited individually in the World Editor.
If someone is willing to do this for the community, everyone would likely be very grateful.
The existing tool could serve as a foundation – it just needs to be extended.

 

Spoiler

 

 

On 5/1/2025 at 7:00 PM, LoKnarash said:

 

Mhh I don't know, I have a map in my much larger project and I've never had problems like this, are you sure the problem is not the map that is missing pieces or corrupted?

 if you use the same black segment on a smaller map I think it stays black

 

Its the same map I was rendering a lot of time before. But after extending it, its doing those black squares. 
 

I even resize map to 13x13 and I cannot render it...

I always wanted to be a hero, but destiny given me a role of a villain throw my whole life

- Tenebris Viator

 

spacer.png

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.