Jump to content

Best classic serverfiles, for an oldschool (2009 - like) server.


Recommended Posts

Playing on various "oldschool" servers, which all become shady p2w and full of bugs nightmares, I felt sorry for myself and all 30~ years old people like me, that wanted put some love again into playing metin, just like we did in the old days. 

I've decided then, to create my own server, that will work good, smooth and will have NO p2w features. 

For the beggining, I'm aware, that I have to choose "the right" files, that would by my base to work on later. 

I'm looking through the web, and there are SO MANY, that I'm having big trouble to decide, on which ones I should start working on.

Can you, guys, recommend me anything, that are simple to work on, comparable to the good, old metin2? 

 

I'm just starting my journey here, hoping to recieve some good answers 🙂

  • Love 1

Unfortunately, we all say it will be F2P but you will end up spending more money than you think, and depending on what country you are you will have a good average of players or not (where it is still crazy is in turkey) Here in Europe at least, there are not so many players and good community to attract players, logically as long as you work advertising among many other things, you can get a lot of players. On the other hand and also unfortunate, as you mention, those of us who are between 25-30 are the nostalgic ones looking to go back to those times, but people today, even many of us, prefer something more PvM - NewSchool. I like to play classic servers, but they bore me right away because the maps are empty, there are no players, etc. About a good base, the best thing you can do is to get information about Marty or Owsap, for me, they are the best base vendors out there, I leave you a link here where someone asked which of the 2 was better, and you will see that each one has its own essence, but basically with Owsap, you could get all the official systems and go doing updates over time to activate them, or work with martysama to start your from 0 without anything and go adding what you want. Then mention, that if you have never made a server, you must dedicate enough time, there are very good people in this forum in different fields, such as quest, c++, python, etc that you can acquire systems from them or make post and try to help you, little more can be said, only that you have desire and go ahead 🙂

Post:

 

  • Love 1

KH.jpg

Nicks: Nazox™ Krone™ Nagato™ Yahiko™ Yakiro™
Proyecto: Trabajando en el.
Compañeros & firma: DreamHQ  - 2009-2015 [Nostalgia]

10 minutes ago, Nazox said:

Unfortunately, we all say it will be F2P but you will end up spending more money than you think, and depending on what country you are you will have a good average of players or not (where it is still crazy is in turkey) Here in Europe at least, there are not so many players and good community to attract players, logically as long as you work advertising among many other things, you can get a lot of players. On the other hand and also unfortunate, as you mention, those of us who are between 25-30 are the nostalgic ones looking to go back to those times, but people today, even many of us, prefer something more PvM - NewSchool. I like to play classic servers, but they bore me right away because the maps are empty, there are no players, etc. About a good base, the best thing you can do is to get information about Marty or Owsap, for me, they are the best base vendors out there, I leave you a link here where someone asked which of the 2 was better, and you will see that each one has its own essence, but basically with Owsap, you could get all the official systems and go doing updates over time to activate them, or work with martysama to start your from 0 without anything and go adding what you want. Then mention, that if you have never made a server, you must dedicate enough time, there are very good people in this forum in different fields, such as quest, c++, python, etc that you can acquire systems from them or make post and try to help you, little more can be said, only that you have desire and go ahead 🙂

Post:

 

Oh, yes, I'm (a little :P) aware that the costs could be intense and that the server has to earn at least to pay for itself, but I think it could be well managed with simple vip + cosmetics

I think that I would have no problems with attracting lots of players - just a matter of advertising

I've as well went thorugh this MARTYSAMA VS OWSAP post a few times, but still couldn't decided - trying to contact 2 of them atm - how about TMP4 source though? Is it comparable? 

  • Honorable Member

Owsap's serverfiles cost triple Martysama's, and they include a good chunk of modern official systems.

If you want to open an oldschool server, you don't need any of that. Just buy martysama's.

Edited by Syreldar

 

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

5 hours ago, Syreldar said:

Owsap's serverfiles cost triple Martysama's, and they include a good chunk of modern official systems.

If you want to open an oldschool server, you don't need any of that. Just buy martysama's.

thank you

do you know, how TMP4 files look like compared to martysama ones? 

  • Honorable Member
3 hours ago, malchi0586 said:

thank you

do you know, how TMP4 files look like compared to martysama ones? 

Well, too many to list, really.

If you're asking if it's worth spending 200 for martysama's, yes, it definitely is.

  • Love 1

 

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

14 hours ago, Syreldar said:

Well, too many to list, really.

If you're asking if it's worth spending 200 for martysama's, yes, it definitely is.

The problem is... I really couldn't find any contact to this famous person Martysama 😄 All I see is martysama files on metin2hub for free or somewhere else - I would like to find a fair and reliable source though 

2 hours ago, malchi0586 said:

The problem is... I really couldn't find any contact to this famous person Martysama 😄 All I see is martysama files on metin2hub for free or somewhere else - I would like to find a fair and reliable source though 

https://martysama0134.com/

and profile:

@ martysama0134 

Edited by Nazox

KH.jpg

Nicks: Nazox™ Krone™ Nagato™ Yahiko™ Yakiro™
Proyecto: Trabajando en el.
Compañeros & firma: DreamHQ  - 2009-2015 [Nostalgia]

On 4/4/2025 at 6:40 PM, Nazox said:

thank you 🙂 

I will try to contact martysama through this forum - on the website I see no "contact" - or am I missing something? 😄 

 

regards

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.