Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I finally found some time so I decided to finish my old project which i worked on with one more person, but for now he will remain anonymous.  Its a complete rewrite of the old DX8/DX9 render to newer solutions.

While porting to the new API I also tried to introduce optimizations such as batch and instacing rendering and moved granny deform to GPU by shader.

At current point only missing thing is shadows of characters which is WIP

I managed to run the original client on Android (of course that need getting rid of all the crap from windows api and font with FreeType) but I'll show that another time.

Few photos of current progress:

(First one is old screenshot from android emulator)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Seremo
img reup
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Flame 2
  • Good 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33603-rewritten-rendering-api/
Share on other sites

  • Honorable Member

We did the same at Land of Heroes.

The only problem with other platforms is granny. We need to completely get rid of that because of arm64 platforms (bless you Apple).

 

spacer.png

Edited by Distraught
  • Love 4

992404397646696589.png
Former C++ Developer at Gameloft on DML
Join my Discord: Distraught Labs

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33603-rewritten-rendering-api/#findComment-170116
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.