Quest on c++ posible?

• 2 months later...
yea many people is kids and use old lua quest.

Not quite.

Quests serve their purpose really good: They are easily scriptable, easily updated (having to perform an executable recompile is not 'easy updating'), and if you make errors the server doesn't simply crash. If you can do something with the tools that the quest language provides for you, by all means do it, there's no need to go through the trouble of converting stuff to C++. I personally think it's a waste of time for a marginal speed benefit which you will most likely not notice.

I understand that when you have the 'limited' lua interface that pales in comparison with the full source code potential of the game, it can be tempting to stop using the quests, but you have to also take into account time. Quests take less time, not only because they are easier to script but because they have already been made bug-proof. If you don't add any particular new thing to them, and you write good code, they will simply work. All the time. With the game, you might be overseeing some pointer deletion, leaking memory, ending up with nullpointers or simply failing to take into account events that happen in another of the thousands lines of code that, together with your thing, cause the most strange bugs.

• Love 2

Ниет.

Or maybe, I don't know, but I don't think so. ^^

yea many people is kids and use old lua quest. but is better write quest on c++ and compile 

If you're gonna write a quest with c++ you'll have many disadvantages such as:

• You'll need to compile the core again again when you're create a new "quest".
  • You must use a completely different syntax which will be much harder to understand.
  • If one of these "quest" crashes I guess the whole server will crash too.

I think you understand now why it's a bad idea.

• Love 2