Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm interested in working with Metin2, but it seems that most of the resources available in 2025 are outdated. Are there any good sources or servers that run on Windows x64 and use modern, up-to-date software for a more efficient experience?

I came across a Turkish source that runs on Windows Server 2022 and is built for x64 architecture. It has a solid foundation, though it becomes obsolete over time.

It appears that Metin2 can't be easily modernized using a more advanced approach.

  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, yomidseven said:

Why windows? U can use freebsd14 and update all the dependencies and work on source to adapt.

Any benefit in windows?

He is probably referring to the client side of things.

On 1/17/2025 at 11:22 PM, yomidseven said:

Why windows? U can use freebsd14 and update all the dependencies and work on source to adapt.

Any benefit in windows?

For developing is better to use WINDOWS, you can change datas in the source in realtime, you have VS as a devtool an so on, but for HOSTING FreeBSD is far better.

1 hour ago, HAMLET said:

For developing is better to use WINDOWS, you can change datas in the source in realtime, you have VS as a devtool an so on, but for HOSTING FreeBSD is far better.

Yes, I prefer to be windows, I don't really care to make it as production, I just don't want a VM running on my system, I prefer something that I click and it will run easly without using FreeBSD, it's just for debugging, and if there is any source that supports what I want to do, please link it up

37 minutes ago, sdxqw said:

Yes, I prefer to be windows, I don't really care to make it as production, I just don't want a VM running on my system, I prefer something that I click and it will run easly without using FreeBSD, it's just for debugging, and if there is any source that supports what I want to do, please link it up

You can either buy martysama or owsap files and ask on their dis servers, or pay someone to help you achieve that. I don't think it will be expensive. I have an old OWSAP file 5.0.3.5 running on Windows.

On 1/20/2025 at 11:53 AM, HAMLET said:

You can either buy martysama or owsap files and ask on their dis servers, or pay someone to help you achieve that. I don't think it will be expensive. I have an old OWSAP file 5.0.3.5 running on Windows.

It's just for fun I don't wanna spend money

  • Premium

Hello,

Im sorry if i post something you have Seen but hère IS TMP4 files (2014 clean files) move to window thanks to Amun.

https://metin2.dev/topic/28789-tmp4s-source-moved-to-windows/

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2025 at 1:49 PM, ARiver said:

Hello,

Im sorry if i post something you have Seen but hère IS TMP4 files (2014 clean files) move to window thanks to Amun.

https://metin2.dev/topic/28789-tmp4s-source-moved-to-windows/

Hi, this will solve my problem as I want the server to be X64 on Windows for better debugging, and could you Link a some guidance on how to start developing and understanding how to make metins, items and systems, and If there any way of doing hot reload with python in any way?

  • Premium
13 hours ago, sdxqw said:

Hi, this will solve my problem as I want the server to be X64 on Windows for better debugging, and could you Link a some guidance on how to start developing and understanding how to make metins, items and systems, and If there any way of doing hot reload with python in any way?

You will find on this forum a lot of tutorials to make item implement systems etc, it will depend on what you want to make. For python hot reload i don't know..

Hope i could have helped you more,

Best regards 

1 hour ago, ARiver said:

You will find on this forum a lot of tutorials to make item implement systems etc, it will depend on what you want to make. For python hot reload i don't know..

Hope i could have helped you more,

Best regards 

Hello, thanks for answering, I would love to know which source should I get started, I don't want something that is full of no sense or it's using some unknown UTF, what could you suggest,

 

And I wanna know how to make a custom Metin that drops different things, but I cannot find anything.

  • Premium
11 hours ago, sdxqw said:

Hello, thanks for answering, I would love to know which source should I get started, I don't want something that is full of no sense or it's using some unknown UTF, what could you suggest,

 

And I wanna know how to make a custom Metin that drops different things, but I cannot find anything.

So to get you started i would recommend to use tmp4 server files as you Can find them under windows or freebsd with a virtual machine (most common method through the years). They are clean files from a 2014 version if the game, provided by Mali a Good dev from this forum and most of the bug have been cleaned by TMP4 he also provide client and everything needed to get you started un 15 langages.

For creating a Metin stone you need to first create a mob (there are tutorials for that) then edit the mob_drop_item.txt file in the ftp side of the server for setting the drops 

 

Best regards

On 2/5/2025 at 10:41 PM, ARiver said:

So to get you started i would recommend to use tmp4 server files as you Can find them under windows or freebsd with a virtual machine (most common method through the years). They are clean files from a 2014 version if the game, provided by Mali a Good dev from this forum and most of the bug have been cleaned by TMP4 he also provide client and everything needed to get you started un 15 langages.

For creating a Metin stone you need to first create a mob (there are tutorials for that) then edit the mob_drop_item.txt file in the ftp side of the server for setting the drops 

 

Best regards

Hello

Thanks for answering me, so TMP4 is the way to go?, I would loved to get a client that is already preconfigured to be the server working on windows by default, and I wanted something that didn't have already systems on it, but fixed and clean, what could you suggest?

thanks

  • Premium
On 2/7/2025 at 12:31 PM, sdxqw said:

Hello

Thanks for answering me, so TMP4 is the way to go?, I would loved to get a client that is already preconfigured to be the server working on windows by default, and I wanted something that didn't have already systems on it, but fixed and clean, what could you suggest?

thanks

You Can find all that in the " binaries " section of the forum thé threads contains server files and clients set to work with them 

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.