Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Metin2 development and have never worked with its client or server source code before. I'm eager to learn how to create custom content like systems, events, new weapons, and more. However, I find myself overwhelmed and unsure of where to start.

I understand that Metin2 uses C++, Lua, and Python, but I'm unclear on how these languages interact within the game's architecture. While I've come across some guides, they often assume a level of familiarity I currently lack.

I truly enjoy programming and have a passion for working on classic games like Metin2. However, as someone essentially starting from scratch in this area, I'm struggling to grasp the fundamentals of the codebase and its structure.

If anyone could point me toward comprehensive guides, resources, or offer advice on getting started, I would

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Active+ Member
6 hours ago, sdxqw said:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Metin2 development and have never worked with its client or server source code before. I'm eager to learn how to create custom content like systems, events, new weapons, and more. However, I find myself overwhelmed and unsure of where to start.

I understand that Metin2 uses C++, Lua, and Python, but I'm unclear on how these languages interact within the game's architecture. While I've come across some guides, they often assume a level of familiarity I currently lack.

I truly enjoy programming and have a passion for working on classic games like Metin2. However, as someone essentially starting from scratch in this area, I'm struggling to grasp the fundamentals of the codebase and its structure.

If anyone could point me toward comprehensive guides, resources, or offer advice on getting started, I would

There's no comprehensive guide. If you're familiar with C++ and Python you can just read through public systems and that'll help you understand the basics. It really all boils down to Cpp and python.

20 hours ago, b6d4a82c15 said:

There's no comprehensive guide. If you're familiar with C++ and Python you can just read through public systems and that'll help you understand the basics. It really all boils down to Cpp and python.

Hello, dear.
I realize I may not have explained myself clearly. What I would like to know is:

Which source files I need to focus on the most.

Where to start in understanding the structure.

Which files are essential for making changes or adding features.

Could you provide some guidance? Thank you!

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.