Jump to content

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

Good morning everyone 😶‍🌫️

🇮🇹 I am an Italian guy who recently returned to the world of Metin2 4fun and developing a small script suite to make my work more convenient. 
🫶  not sure if my efforts will be appreciated, but for now, I would like to share this small editor for the mob_drop_item.txt file. 

// ScreenShot

Spoiler

spacer.png



✅ This tool allows you to:

  • ➕ Add new groups.
  • ➕ Add an item to a group.
  • ➖ Remove specific group
  • ➖ Remove an item from a group.

✅ Additionally, you can:

  • Search for a mob by name or value to view its loot.
  • Search for an item by name or value to see which mobs drop it.

🗂️ The structure is as follows:

  • In the folder, you'll already find the "icon" folder extracted from the client I am using for testing, along with a copy of the PNG icons to use as a fallback.
  • In the "mob_drop" folder, you'll find the mob_drop_items.txt file (from /share/*)
  • as well as item_list, which is used to link icons to the items. (from client/locale)
  • In the "names" folder, there are mob_names and item_names, which are used to translate from EUC-KR characters into your own language. (from server/locale/en*)

⚠️ For a better experience, I recommend replacing these files with your own.

❗ I’m currently using this tool, and it works well with the file structure I'm working on (based on Owsap FS).
❗ I can't guarantee compatibility with files from other servers.

🦋 Known Bugs:

  •     Currently, with some configurations (such as Martysama), it is not possible to edit groups with the types "Kill," "Limited," "Special," "Quest," etc.
        Which are not present in the Owsap files, or at least mine (Karma2/Perseus2)

🎇 What I’d like to do:

  • I actually already have a version that works with the "Kill" type (with minimum level and kills required), but I’ve paused its development since I don’t need it right now.
  • I’ve already started working on a similar mechanic for special_item_group.txt, which contains chest loot, and I’ll finish it when I need it.
  • publish a GitHub repo with all the tools one day.

🐍 The script has been written in Python(3.12) but has been compiled with PyInstaller to avoid any dependency issues.
     Within the archive, you will find the uncensored .py code as well as an executable .exe file for you to run, depending on your preference and knowledge.

⌛ Since the .exe version includes both Python 3.12 and the libraries, it will take about 2 seconds to open, as it needs to load everything.
👨🏻‍💻 By creating a virtual environment and running the .py files, there will be no issues, and you'll have access to the console.

Spoiler

import sys, os, shutil, csv, time, webbrowser (for Discord And Revolut), PyQt5, PIL

from func_py import sheet ( graphic style if someone wants to redo the colors )


 

📺 I’m attaching a demonstration video showcasing how the tool works.

// Video & How To

Spoiler


👾 Within the graphical interface, I’ve included a button to contact me on Discord.
🍻 As well  a button to offer me a Beer/Pizza on Revolut, should you wish to support the development of this and other tools I plan to create.
📝 You can also contact me for custom scripts.

 

🏅 I want to thank anyone who will appreciate this little work of mine, and in particular @KolenMG who supported me and gave me files (example.txt not FS 🚩)  to work on.

VIRUS SCAN: LINK

DOWNLOAD LINK:

 

 
Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 6
  • Flame 1
  • Good 2
  • muscle 1
  • Love 8

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33109-preview-mob-drop-editor/
Share on other sites

🐼 Reserved for future updates

🚩 Please refrain from criticizing the code if you believe you can do it better.
🫶 I developed it for my own needs and thought it could be useful to others.

Edited by yomidseven
  • Eyes 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33109-preview-mob-drop-editor/#findComment-167578
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ǥɛѳffяɛч 🧊 said:

Why "Showcase", it's a release no?

in theory yes, but since at the moment it is only compatible with Owsap-based FS I thought it more appropriate to post it here in the hope of moving it to the releases when it is complete.

  • Good 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33109-preview-mob-drop-editor/#findComment-167582
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.