Skill Book Next Read Time

• Honorable Member
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Filachilla said:

Okey, I think I found little bug.. Did you tried with Exorcism Scroll? Because when you use that scroll so time is still here (and is stackable to up - wtf?)

If you guys have this system

Add this in __AppendSkillNextReadTime

if player.CheckAffect(chr.NEW_AFFECT_SKILL_BOOK_NO_DELAY, 0):
				return

what is "stackable to up - wtf?"

Edited by Mali

1 hour ago, Mali said:

If you guys have this system

Add this in __AppendSkillNextReadTime

if player.CheckAffect(chr.NEW_AFFECT_SKILL_BOOK_NO_DELAY, 0):
				return

what is "stackable to up - wtf?"

Im not sure about that scroll, but I can got random times like 18 hours, 29hours etc after use that scroll 😄 This is right? Second think is when I use scroll so time is always showed on the book.. 😄 Late I can record some video to explain more problem..

• Honorable Member
21 minutes ago, Filachilla said:

Im not sure about that scroll, but I can got random times like 18 hours, 29hours etc after use that scroll 😄 This is right? Second think is when I use scroll so time is always showed on the book.. 😄 Late I can record some video to explain more problem..

1) Scroll allows you to read the book without any time limit, and a new time is determined after reading it. It is not a problem.

2) I already shared in the upper post.

1 hour ago, Mali said:

1) Scroll allows you to read the book without any time limit, and a new time is determined after reading it. It is not a problem.

2) I already shared in the upper post.

1) Yes, but default time is 24h for book.. So when I use scroll, time is restarted to 24 as I think or no? How is possible to got 29h, when 24h is limit?

2) Thanks, thats work fine 😄

• Honorable Member
6 minutes ago, Filachilla said:

1) Yes, but default time is 24h for book.. So when I use scroll, time is restarted to 24 as I think or no? How is possible to got 29h, when 24h is limit?

2) Thanks, thats work fine 😄

1) There is no default time

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

In addition, you can implement a system that would mark with a special icon those books that your character needs. This makes it much more convenient to sort important books from garbage and also more convenient to sell unnecessary books.

I implemented something similar in 2019. (an example can be seen here: https://metin2.dev/topic/28186-python-onrunmousewheel-characterwindow/?do=findComment&comment=144681&_rid=22446)

The books my character needs are marked with an asterisk (the icon can be changed, this was just a prototype).

I'm surprised that no one has implemented this important and useful feature before me.
But this function greatly simplifies the gameplay and makes it more comfortable.

Edited by Helia01
  • Good 2

• Honorable Member
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Helia01 said:

In addition, you can implement a system that would mark with a special icon those books that your character needs. This makes it much more convenient to sort important books from garbage and also more convenient to sell unnecessary books.

I implemented something similar in 2019. (an example can be seen here: https://metin2.dev/topic/28186-python-onrunmousewheel-characterwindow/?do=findComment&comment=144681&_rid=22446)

The books my character needs are marked with an asterisk (the icon can be changed, this was just a prototype).

Okay but this is a completely different feature.

If you already have it, just share it. Why are you writing to me? 😂

Nice idea btw👌

Edited by Mali
  • muscle 1

Just now, Mali said:

Okay but this is a completely different feature.

If you already have it, just share it. Why are you writing to me? 😂

I periodically go to this forum just out of habit; I have not been interested in this game for a long time. All the developments that I had have long been lost. 🙂

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Cry 1

13 hours ago, Volvox said:

Github link does not work.

Its a typical, Mali just block git and share only with us friends 😄 (I think) you can simply see last open source version via m2d 🙂  (Its fine when will be updated as time is free) My little request will be make to one little repo with those things, it was more practically than seriously 1000000000000000000 links and topics.. So when Mali got some idea or brain up, we will stand up 😄 

• Premium

I hope you're probably aware that having (popular) Metin2-related repositories on GitHub opens you up to possible copyright infringement claims. This can lead, as it happened multiple times, to account deletions and bans. I don't see the problem with this system where M2DL automatically (?) updates with the private repository's content.

Also, having a separate topic for each release seems better imo, as the discourse is not interfered with by having a thousand different subjects being discussed at the same time.

21 hours ago, Exynox said:

I hope you're probably aware that having (popular) Metin2-related repositories on GitHub opens you up to possible copyright infringement claims. This can lead, as it happened multiple times, to account deletions and bans. I don't see the problem with this system where M2DL automatically (?) updates with the private repository's content.

Also, having a separate topic for each release seems better imo, as the discourse is not interfered with by having a thousand different subjects being discussed at the same time.

I dont said anything about repo hosted in github.. M2DL is perfect platform... It would be fine reorganized it like one repo per user.. 😄

• Metin2 Dev 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.