Black screen problem

Go to solution Solved by TheEqualizer,

There is not much to go on here. A black screen means your render functions are either silently failing or are not being called, you need to figure out what the problem is first. Running in debug may help. Log return values from Direct3D API calls, and if any of them is failing troubleshoot it. Start by checking the return value of the Present() function.

• Solution

This could be a lost device situation but to be sure you have to check the return value of Direct3D API calls (as I said, start with Present()).

If you confirm that it is a lost device situation, then maybe your render target system is not releasing it's render targets when the device is lost. When a device is lost, all D3DPOOL_DEFAULT resources must be released before the device can be reset.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 8:01 AM, TheEqualizer said:

This could be a lost device situation but to be sure you have to check the return value of Direct3D API calls (as I said, start with Present()).

If you confirm that it is a lost device situation, then maybe your render target system is not releasing it's render targets when the device is lost. When a device is lost, all D3DPOOL_DEFAULT resources must be released before the device can be reset.

Now i got this new problem:

https://metin2.download/video/stYcRbDtsb192DFe3TfFZ3p3dRxu3Gkv/.mp4

https://metin2.download/picture/J0foQRLsbZp6mxqtoKClgzOpc7z1wyFp/.gif

i don't know what's the problem here,

the map changes when i try to preview an item

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal

Did these problems exist before you fixed the black screen problem? What happens if you remove the "fix"? How did you fix the black screen problem (are you sure you didn't change something you weren't supposed to)?

In the first video, it looks like the camera position is changing when you preview. I assume this "preview system" needs to change the camera to create/render the preview, then the camera has to be restored to how it was before the preview so the game can be rendered normally. Are you sure this process is happening?

In the second video either the texture for that effect was not loaded or the render states were not setup properly for the effect (you should start by checking the blend states).

EDIT: OK, after checking the first video some more, I realized that the camera isn't changing, the water is turning white, which means, that your render states are not setup properly. Somehow, when you activate the preview, you are causing the render states for water (and possibly effects as well) to become invalid/wrong. Again check your render states.

Edited by TheEqualizer