item_proto's default 3 bonuses on item

Go to solution Solved by Amun,

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Wintersun said:

Hello,

Is there any way to apply 4 bonuses on items from item_proto instead of 3? I mean to add another column for addon_typeX and addon_valueX

Already used the search function, didn't helped me.

Thanks in advance!

yes, but you should go and touch the sources.

• Contributor
  • Solution

There's a lot of shit that needs to be checked and changed, so I don't think anyone's going to waste their time doing all of these for you(especially because you need to do the changes in both sources, dump proto source, and likely root as well).

I just had a quick look so I can't tell you exactly if you'll need to do more or less, but this is what I would start with.

Start from the proto reader and work your way up the chain(update the reader, update the tables, structs, enums, whatever is needed). Once you're done with the protos, go back to ProtoReader.cpp and find itemTable->aApplies[i].bType, right click on aApplies and "Find all references", then check evertyhing that's connected to them.

Once you're done with the server, move on to dump proto, client source, and then the root.

Good luck

3 hours ago, Amun said:

There's a lot of shit that needs to be checked and changed, so I don't think anyone's going to waste their time doing all of these for you(especially because you need to do the changes in both sources, dump proto source, and likely root as well).

I just had a quick look so I can't tell you exactly if you'll need to do more or less, but this is what I would start with.

Start from the proto reader and work your way up the chain(update the reader, update the tables, structs, enums, whatever is needed). Once you're done with the protos, go back to ProtoReader.cpp and find itemTable->aApplies[i].bType, right click on aApplies and "Find all references", then check evertyhing that's connected to them.

Once you're done with the server, move on to dump proto, client source, and then the root.

Good luck

Got it.

Thank you!