Exe file signature (Unknown Author)

Go to solution Solved by Karbust,

• Management
  • Solution
6 minutes ago, WeedHex said:

Hello guys I've a question.

Does anybody is signing his own exe file before to send it in release? 

Windows if you don't sign it will thrown the warning "Unknown author".

Do you have any suggestion to buy or make for free a signature?

The only way to disable Windows SmartScreen is with a EV Code Signing Certificate, and it’s only available for registered companies and has a strict verification process.

Self-signed Code Signing Certificates are only recognized on the machine they were created.

The other options is having an IV or OV Code Signing Certificate, but it doesn’t automatically remove the Windows SmartScreen, that only happens with EV, it needs to build reputation, only after that it will disappear. (Neither option is free, and there is a verification process and the certificate will have the name of the Individual or the Organization that was validated through the process. Depending on the country the verification can be lengthy, in Portugal I even had to get myself notarized and sign some documents for Sectigo on the notary.)

On my patcher services I offer an addon for Code Signing, and I also sign my own client and other tools I may share with others on my services.

Edited by Karbust
  • Love 1

raw

raw