Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to figure out in the client source what is responsible for the monster death state. What I mean by that is BOOL CActorInstance::IsDead() returns false for monsters when they are alive and when they die as well. For player and metin stones it always returns true. I would like to differentiate dead monsters from alive ones. But when a monster dies their body is left behind so the instance is not getting destroyed from memory so it's still alive, but obviously it is no longer alive. I've tried to mess around with the above mentioned method and also with the one that takes VID as parameter. Is there any way to get the monsters vid/instance that are in the "death state"?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/30932-entity-in-death-state-info/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

  • Bot

The time they take to "die" is in char_battle.cpp.
You can play around that.
 

Spoiler

            if (IsRevive() == false && HasReviverInParty() == true)
            {
                m_pkDeadEvent = event_create(dead_event, pEventInfo, bImmediateDead ? 1 : PASSES_PER_SEC(3));
            }
            else
            {
                m_pkDeadEvent = event_create(dead_event, pEventInfo, bImmediateDead ? 1 : PASSES_PER_SEC(10)); //10 is the number you're looking for.
            }

  • Good 1

english_banner.gif

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/30932-entity-in-death-state-info/#findComment-158015
Share on other sites

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not trying to change the backend. My end goal is to not render the monsters that have already died, but firstly I would like to have a list of the dead monsters, because they are still present in m_kAliveInstMap and I have no way to filter it out. Is there any way at all? (Client side)

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/30932-entity-in-death-state-info/#findComment-158016
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.