Entity in "death state" info

I'm trying to figure out in the client source what is responsible for the monster death state. What I mean by that is BOOL CActorInstance::IsDead() returns false for monsters when they are alive and when they die as well. For player and metin stones it always returns true. I would like to differentiate dead monsters from alive ones. But when a monster dies their body is left behind so the instance is not getting destroyed from memory so it's still alive, but obviously it is no longer alive. I've tried to mess around with the above mentioned method and also with the one that takes VID as parameter. Is there any way to get the monsters vid/instance that are in the "death state"?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Active+ Member

The time they take to "die" is in char_battle.cpp.
You can play around that.

Spoiler

if (IsRevive() == false && HasReviverInParty() == true)
            {
                m_pkDeadEvent = event_create(dead_event, pEventInfo, bImmediateDead ? 1 : PASSES_PER_SEC(3));
            }
            else
            {
                m_pkDeadEvent = event_create(dead_event, pEventInfo, bImmediateDead ? 1 : PASSES_PER_SEC(10)); //10 is the number you're looking for.
            }

• Good 1

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not trying to change the backend. My end goal is to not render the monsters that have already died, but firstly I would like to have a list of the dead monsters, because they are still present in m_kAliveInstMap and I have no way to filter it out. Is there any way at all? (Client side)