INTERNAL_IP and PUBLIC_IP is the same, Could not Load ThreeWayWar Setting file

Hello guys! Today I ran into two problems while trying to start my metin2 server on a Google VPS.

The first problem is that the INTERNAL_IP and the PUBLIC_IP are the same for some reason, the INTERNAL_IP is correct, but the PUBLIC_IP gets the same from the INTERNAL_IP (INTERNAL_IP: 10.164.0.4 interface vtnet0
PUBLIC_IP: 10.164.0.4 (from INTERNAL_IP)

My second problem is that when I start the server I get this error: "Could not Load ThreeWayWar Setting file"

I've read something about linking something into the "cores" folders but I have no idea how and what to do with those folders and which files I should link.

Thank you for reading!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Contributor
13 hours ago, Henry6767 said:

Hello guys! Today I ran into two problems while trying to start my metin2 server on a Google VPS.

The first problem is that the INTERNAL_IP and the PUBLIC_IP are the same for some reason, the INTERNAL_IP is correct, but the PUBLIC_IP gets the same from the INTERNAL_IP (INTERNAL_IP: 10.164.0.4 interface vtnet0
PUBLIC_IP: 10.164.0.4 (from INTERNAL_IP)

My second problem is that when I start the server I get this error: "Could not Load ThreeWayWar Setting file"

I've read something about linking something into the "cores" folders but I have no idea how and what to do with those folders and which files I should link.

Thank you for reading!

Hello. The Google Cloud provides you private networking, therefore it is similar to a home network when players outside the network can't get farther then the chraselect. You may ask why: It is simple. When you select your character, you're getting to put in to one core, but that core's ip address is private what you can't reach from outside of the server's local network.

There's a solution for that, here it is: 

Your second problem: "Could not Load ThreeWayWar Setting file"

That's the first file the server want to load. If you did not delete the file (forkedmapindex.txt) you may changed the locale for example but did not do it properly. You changed the english folder to hungary/germany/etc but the serverfile still wants to read it from the english folder. Of course there can be other reason, you modified the file and now it have wrong syntax etc.

36 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

Hello. The Google Cloud provides you private networking, therefore it is similar to a home network when players outside the network can't get farther then the chraselect. You may ask why: It is simple. When you select your character, you're getting to put in to one core, but that core's ip address is private what you can't reach from outside of the server's local network.

There's a solution for that, here it is: 

Your second problem: "Could not Load ThreeWayWar Setting file"

That's the first file the server want to load. If you did not delete the file (forkedmapindex.txt) you may changed the locale for example but did not do it properly. You changed the english folder to hungary/germany/etc but the serverfile still wants to read it from the english folder. Of course there can be other reason, you modified the file and now it have wrong syntax etc.

Thank you, TMP for helping out! About the ThreeWayWar... I have the forkedmapindex.txt and I haven't changed the language or anything with/in the file at all. I let that stay in English until I can figure out how to start the server without any problems.