Can't join server from other networks

Hello everyone, I am experimenting with the metin2 server [40250] files. I have opened a vm with

the server and I can join without a problem from my pc. When my friend tries to connect, he is able to log in but unable to join game (he is getting kicked out before loading)

I have port forwarding enabled with all the ports I could find.

Does anyone know where I can find all the ports that are being used?

I have tried netstat (https://metin2.download/picture/zaL2W5uXYK1goKpo7jeqXjRxWYY52Jq7/.png)

I think I have all the ports open. Is there any way to debug the client or get an error log or something? I am pretty new metin2 servers.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/10/2023 at 7:18 PM, Alexoukos said:

Hello everyone, I am experimenting with the metin2 server [40250] files. I have opened a vm with

the server and I can join without a problem from my pc. When my friend tries to connect, he is able to log in but unable to join game (he is getting kicked out before loading)

I have tried netstat (https://metin2.download/picture/zaL2W5uXYK1goKpo7jeqXjRxWYY52Jq7/.png)

I think I have all the ports open. Is there any way to debug the client or get an error log or something? I am pretty new metin2 servers.

It sounds like you're missing a port that isn't being forwarded or perhaps is blocked by your router's firewall.

When logging in to a certain channel, only the auth port and channel port specified in your client is exposed. But if your character is on another core of that channel and that core's port isn't forwarded then you can't get through...

What I would do to debug this is,

1- Find out which map the character he's trying to login is on.
2- Find which channel / core this map is hosted on.
3- Grab the channel port of that map (game) and find out using netstat if it's being forwarded.

If it is then you're only left out with the firewall issue. Otherwise just forward the port properly

@PeaceMakerThank you, the issue was the proxy IP from the conf files

in the auth/db/game...

So I will close this thread

On 1/10/2023 at 8:18 PM, Alexoukos said:

[SOLVED] By changing the IP and proxy IP in /auth /db /game (all game/channel folders) CONF files

• 10 months later...

Has anyone encountered this issue? I've configured port forwarding for my local game server to the public network. My friends from outside the local network can log into the server and reach the character selection screen without any problems. However, when they click to start the game and enter the game itself, they are abruptly returned to the server login screen. I suspect this might be due to incomplete port forwarding. Does anyone know if there are specific requirements for forwarding related to the map, IP, or ports?