Chinese messages despite setting the language to native one

Hello. Everything worked fine but suddenly out of nowhere all texts got translated to chinese. All configs are set to use polish language.

Restarting server didnt help

Server files: 

Inb4 I changed language from English to Polish and everything was perfect. Suddenly chinese language appeared.

Thanks in advance

• Love 1

• Contributor

99,99% of the time someone contacted me with such problem was they opened locale_string.txt, translate.lua etc via notepad++ with auto character encoding turned on (it's turned on by default in the newer versions...) then the file got "corrupt".

Redownload the tgz and grab locale_string, translate.lua and put it to your server without opening it with notepad++.
If it's work, turn off auto character encoding in your Notepad++ before you open them again.

https://metin2.download/picture/4MGXlv7sfUp9YFWouBwa57ocrvM74tGl/.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

6 hours ago, TMP4 said:

99,99% of the time someone contacted me with such problem was they opened locale_string.txt, translate.lua etc via notepad++ with auto character encoding turned on (it's turned on by default in the newer versions...) then the file got "corrupt".

Redownload the tgz and grab locale_string, translate.lua and put it to your server without opening it with notepad++.
If it's work, turn off auto character encoding in your Notepad++ before you open them again.

https://metin2.download/picture/4MGXlv7sfUp9YFWouBwa57ocrvM74tGl/.png

Well damm me. Thank you very much sensei. "Reinstalling" locals worked

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...