Jump to content

War Hair - 2.1 model [BUG]


Go to solution Solved by Tatsumaru,

Recommended Posts

Hi devs,

I bumped something what I cant repair..

My problem is with ORIGINAL classic hair model for WARRIOR MALE.. Specifically 2.1 hairs.. (I think is Trendy Hairstyle named..)

Screenshot

Any ideas? I never see different model in client.. So I think game works correct with these one, but no for me... (Maybe there are some LODs? Or something.. I dont know.. But touch me with tip)

@ Tatsumaru Do you know something? Or you have a time for make better this one model? Can be useful for all. Thanks!

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28287-war-hair-21-model-bug/
Share on other sites

  • Honorable Member
  • Solution

Probably most people know well that the alpha channel in the texture is responsible for the shine of armor or weapons, right? However, there are models that use the texture's alpha channel in a different way, namely, it is used to determine what is visible and what is not. As a result, you can easily and quickly make troublesome parts of the model, such as hair or fur, which would otherwise require more polygons and workload.

Back to your problem. Probably your texture or model has been edited and the fact of transparency has not been taken into account.

9YIOslI.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1
  • Love 3

GhwYizE.gif

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28287-war-hair-21-model-bug/#findComment-145093
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

Tatsumaru said it all! You probably also have the same issue with monsters from the Red Wood (namely the Stump and I think the Cursed Trees)

Gurgarath
coming soon
My Services

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28287-war-hair-21-model-bug/#findComment-145094
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tatsumaru said:

Probably most people know well that the alpha channel in the texture is responsible for the shine of armor or weapons, right? However, there are models that use the texture's alpha channel in a different way, namely, it is used to determine what is visible and what is not. As a result, you can easily and quickly make troublesome parts of the model, such as hair or fur, which would otherwise require more polygons and workload.

Back to your problem. Probably your texture or model has been edited and the fact of transparency has not been taken into account.

9YIOslI.gif

You are my favorite modeler! ❤️ Thank you for new useful informations!

Btw. I understand the idea but I really dont understand simply why ymir make only this one hair with alpha.. How you can see the others are modeled.. It look ugly for me :c

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28287-war-hair-21-model-bug/#findComment-145106
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.