WoM3 Deunsang Citadel

Shogun

• Premium

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

The Deunsang Citadel is a full blown city map which was released for WoM3 in 2018 and used as home map for a whole year for one of the two kingdoms that existed in this server. It's also my latest (and possibly last) map.

The idea was to create a city build around an Emperor's Castle located at the top of the hill. This was inspired by Ace sending me a large collection of buildings inspired in Asian constructions - finally I could make a city map with totally new buildings that didn't look like a patchwork.

There are also docks, farming areas, and a large beach with a sunken ship which was part of the storyline developed for the beginner quests at that time. That's where new players spawned.

For the ground textures, I chose smaller ones than in my previous maps. While it's possible to use large and detailed textures, they add little if anything to the looks, and result in larger memory usage. How textures complement each other and adapt to the terrain is more important - I used two almost identical grass textures, slightly shifted in color, to give volume to the ground to great effect.

Shira provided many of the flowers and small animal effects for that extra detail. And KillMoves and his waterfall effect he worked so much on of course!

There's also some stuff in there from Tatsumaru, as I'd use pretty much anything he does, I only wish there was more of it.

The animals you see in the video are from Ridack and not included in the download as these are paid.

Thanks to all the talented people I have had the chance to work with while mapping.

Credits for the objects:

Ground textures and trees: Shogun & Ace

Asian Building models: Ace

Grass, flowers, small effects. Shira

Waterfall: KillMoves

This is the hidden content, please

• Metin2 Dev 125
  • kekw 1
  • Eyes 2
  • Dislove 2
  • Not Good 1
  • Sad 1
  • Think 1
  • Confused 3
  • Scream 2
  • Lmao 1
  • Good 46
  • Love 10
  • Love 111

you'r a legend for me.

• Love 1
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• Premium
1 hour ago, MGA said:

Hello everybody, 

I'm abit new to metin2 stuff, and this map seem to not have any clientside in the rar, can I just use any, from any other map and just change Settings.txt from sv side?

An installation tutorial might be golden for ppl like me :D 

Thanks for the release ! 

Hello in fact this map has nothing but the clientside (folder wom2_map_citadel), as for serverside you only need to create the attr map which you can do in World Editor.

• Love 1

Found a potential bug in the map, could be happening because of my evironment but nonetheless.

Steps to reproduce:

Warp to the map, goto 593 808 coordinates(should be desert part of the map), exit the client,  open client/log back in, the screen is black and u can only see ur character.

EDIT. Happens on relog also. At those coordonates.

Syserr: 

0110 12:43:13303 :: NOT_FOUND_GLOBAL_POSITION(2491318, 2512799)
0110 12:43:13303 :: CPythonBackground::SelectViewDistanceNum(int eNum=0) mc_pcurEnvironmentData is NULL
0110 12:43:13303 :: CPythonBackground::SelectViewDistanceNum(int eNum=0) mc_pcurEnvironmentData is NULL
0110 12:43:13350 :: CPythonBackground::SelectViewDistanceNum(int eNum=0) mc_pcurEnvironmentData is NULL
0110 12:43:13953 :: CPythonBackground::SelectViewDistanceNum(int eNum=0) mc_pcurEnvironmentData is NULL
0110 12:43:14597 :: CPythonBackground::SelectViewDistanceNum(int eNum=0) mc_pcurEnvironmentData is NULL
0110 12:43:15122 :: CPythonBackground::SelectViewDistanceNum(int eNum=0) mc_pcurEnvironmentData is NULL

... Keeps spamming CPythonBackground::SelectViewDistanceNum(int eNum=0) mc_pcurEnvironmentData is NULL

Let me know if you guys have ran into this also, or if it reproducing for anybody else.

Edited by MGA

• Premium

if it works the first time then the problem is with your client, most likely you don't have a valid atlas entry in root.

The coordinates in the server side atlas and client side must match, just like the map ids

Edited by Shogun
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Shogun said:

if it works the first time then the problem is with your client, most likely you don't have a valid atlas entry in root.

The coordinates in the server side atlas and client side must match, just like the map ids

Yup, problem was with the mapsize in locale/atlasinfo.txt, the map works just fine now.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Viello said:

https://metin2.download/picture/hyottK5BXYnBK14EJhc0rDv8VQwe6Q9d/.gif

It is interesting when I try to open it closes immidiately

Check Map settings.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 2
  • Love 2
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.