Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, new here! I have some unique ideas that will probably bring me a nice amount of cash in my country but in order to implement these, I probably have to learn how to develop this game. Please remember, I don't want videos here and there(if you can't compile them into a thorough guide, that is) that are in disharmony, I want a full guide that is either going on or finished. So, awaiting your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

  • Active Member
6 minutes ago, Exygo said:

It's hard u need to learn by yourself.

I reckon that, yeah. But still, going one by one through everything seems very time consuming, since I don't even know which topics to learn from beginning to the end. I will learn it by myself, but I need guides for it, don't I?

  • Forum Moderator
Quote

that will probably bring me a nice amount of cash in my country

This sounds like: Guys, help me to do money!

  • Did you tried to contact Frankie? He knows everything, you just need to give him a Pioneer DJM 2000 and he'll show you all about metin2 development.

 

  • Love 7
3 hours ago, VegaS™ said:

This sounds like: Guys, help me to do money!

  • Did you tried to contact Frankie? He knows everything, you just need to give him a Pioneer DJM 2000 and he'll show you all about metin2 development.

 

I don't know who he is. As I said, I'm new here. I sense a sarcastic aura in here but if you are serious, can you please share his profile? Thanks!

  • Sad 3

There are many ways on how to start being a "developer". But first, you need to understand what you're doing. Do you have any experience with programming so far? Do you know the difference between procedural and object-oriented programming? Do you understand the language that's behind it?

If not, you'd start there. No one will write guides about how to develop your own systems in metin2 since... yeah, if you know what you're doing, then there's no need for it. And if you don't know what you're doing, you'd start learning programming. And there are tons of good guides about that. If you encounter any trouble or problem while coding, you can ask this board. But why should anyone reinvent the wheel? You can't start programming if you don't know what to do and if you do know, you won't need a guide.

So at first if you don't have any knowledge about programming you'd start with procedural programming. This helps you understand how the machine works through each line of code. You can start with simple quests for metin2 and go into more advanced techniques. After that, take a step further into object oriented programming. Read about it, understand what it means and read a bit about c++, progress will come sooner or later and you'll start to understand what the code in these sources actually mean. As soon as you understand it, you can modify and even create your own code. But first you'd understand it. This is mandatory. Please DON'T copy paste stuff from boards. Understand it and write your own.

  • Love 2

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

 

On 6/30/2019 at 1:56 AM, VegaS™ said:

This sounds like: Guys, help me to do money!

  • Did you tried to contact Frankie? He knows everything, you just need to give him a Pioneer DJM 2000 and he'll show you all about metin2 development.

 

Your life has been your money :D

  • Forum Moderator
24 minutes ago, enisina said:

Your life has been your money :D

Your life has been Questions and Answers ?, let's stop with off-topic.

Quote

remember, I don't want videos here and there(if you can't compile them into a thorough guide,

@TurKAdaM The previous reply was a joke, nobody can help you with a full guide how to develop everything in metin2, you need a lot of time to learn alone, so first one, start to learn programming.

https://metin2.dev/board/index.php?/topic/20866-newbie-in-metin2-few-questions/

https://metin2.dev/board/index.php?/topic/39-collection-useful-tools-to-get-you-started/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+create+a+metin2+private+server

 

  • Love 2
On 7/2/2019 at 1:08 AM, VegaS™ said:

Your life has been Questions and Answers ?, let's stop with off-topic.

@TurKAdaM The previous reply was a joke, nobody can help you with a full guide how to develop everything in metin2, you need a lot of time to learn alone, so first one, start to learn programming.

https://metin2.dev/board/index.php?/topic/20866-newbie-in-metin2-few-questions/

https://metin2.dev/board/index.php?/topic/39-collection-useful-tools-to-get-you-started/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+create+a+metin2+private+server

 

I really like your invaluable insights and the fact that you tried to help me, I will definitely check the links you've given.

  • Premium

I think noone ever did anything like that in the mt2 scene what you are looking for right now. As others said probably the best way to start is to start analysing and understanding other already finished stuff, and modifying things inside them, what will happen, etc... Yes sometimes you will learn bad things or wrong things with this method, but if you do it long enough you will recognize them sooner or later.

If you are looking for some other type of information, like how does this or that works (mostly in theory, so you need those type of information like I usually write in my comments) I'm your type of guy, so feel free to ask me, and if I have the time and mental power I won't hesitate to write long long explanations.

  • Love 1

The one and only UI programming guideline

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.