Jump to content

Metin2 New Game Engine Test


Recommended Posts

Hi guys.

I know it has been a long time since I posted something on the website, but I really been busy. A few days ago I've seen some videos were Metin2 graphic was taken to next level. I said to myself to have a go and try to update the game engine to change entirely the graphic level. Also worth mentioned that I've seen the bold attempt of PW1 to build a new MMO in this topic:

 

I really think it is a good idea and I will try to do it myself.

In this topic I will post all my updates regarding my progress, starting with basic intrduction of the Game engine and content builder.

Fist attempt:

Second attempt: animation correction

Short Introduction to World Editor

 

Please feel free to comment. Looking forward for oppinions and suggestions.

Soon new updates on building a level from scratch and adding content from Metin2 to new Map.

  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Love 11
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/19527-metin2-new-game-engine-test/
Share on other sites

Acum 53 minute, genco15 a spus:

looks nice but i think characters need new versions

 

Good point. I will try to make a video with a comparison between old metin2 characters and new one's. Stay tunned for more updates

Acum 9 ore, MiNo a spus:

Very Nice work! thanks for sharing!

btw I took some screenshots that I'll use in my designs ^^".

 

 

Thank you. I will be posting some new videos and maybe I will take some screenshots for who needs them.

Acum 5 ore, BeHappy4Ever a spus:

Should you recreate all 3d models , or you only need convert them or fix them?

Epic work!

Thank you.

Depends. Someone was saying that with this graphic, Metin2 characters will defenetly need to suffer some modifications aswell. I was thinking of making a video with present Metin2 characters and same time comparison with how they should look like ( new model ). 

La 22.09.2018 la 23:14, arves100 a spus:

This project is unreal.

I really like this revival projects, trying to update the old Metin2. Unfortunaly the old code is a crap, so it's kinda harder to get updated any time soon.

At least you have a base to work with, you could recycle, or took inspiration from EterPack, EterPythonLib, GameLib, UserInterface, EterBase.

You should not use Python for interfaces, like the old metin2 did, they don't have any gui designer, so devs have to do it manually, I suggest you using a library for that, or, using web technology (V8/ChakraCore/WebKit/...) 

At that point you could recicle the Server (if you manage to do almost all the basic game and networking).

I think with Unreal Engine packs EterPack should not be needed to begin with XD.

Finally, I hope you will succeed on what you want to do, in my opinion is a waste of time due to possible illegal issues with Webzen/Ymir, otherwise I would fairly try to contribute XD.

Thank you for the advice. Really appreaciated. Well there are some good points In what you pointed out. From what I saw so far the software itself has a side of crypting while you are packing all your work to be distributed to your future clients so no need for Fox or EterPack. No regarding the issue with Python, well this is not needed as Unreal is using a other programing language, wich is C++ .

It's worth mentioned that I started this as being just a test project to see how far I can go with it and after a few days I realised that it can be done as unreal provides a lot of blueprints wich can be used to skip hours and hours of codding script and replacing them with visual scripting (blueprints). All you need is passion and money :) as the blueprints are pretty expensive.

Well that being said, big thanks to all of thoes who are supporting me to follow the work and hope I will be able to actually provide you guys with a tester as soon as I can. Till then Enjoy and Like my videos as I will be posting a lot of them with the next updates.

Ps.

As per the Copywright infrigements - I am tending to replace all assets with freeware ones but to keep the gameplay. I will be using Metin2 Stuff only for testing purpose as a base of my work.

 

 

  • 3 weeks later...
La 15.10.2018 la 10:49, Ace a spus:

 

Metin2 is and remains metin2.

 

 

 

That doesn't mean that it does not need a boost in graphics. You of whole people should know because you are changing Metin2 2 graphics through the map editing ;)

La 15.10.2018 la 11:36, Legend a spus:

I can't say that is looks good in first stage, but its a start, good luck to your project, it will be hard. ;)

Thank you

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Bogdan:

That doesn't mean that it does not need a boost in graphics. You of whole people should know because you are changing Metin2 2 graphics through the map editing ;)

ok

  • 1 month later...

I'm sorry to say it, but it is a waste of your time. Old players like the old game, not some new fantasy game. Anyway i do not know what are your plans for this game, but in my opinion isn't worth it. You cannot put the models from Metin2 in an diferit game and call it Metin3.

  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 5:25 AM, Fr3zy94 said:

I'm sorry to say it, but it is a waste of your time. Old players like the old game, not some new fantasy game. Anyway i do not know what are your plans for this game, but in my opinion isn't worth it. You cannot put the models from Metin2 in an diferit game and call it Metin3.

I think he does this for experience->experience=future money/

  • 1 month later...

1 % is metin2 99% Playing with unreal engine or unity..
dude.. you just take the Metin2 Modell-(Mesh) and the Animations... is from MIXAMO.. https://www.mixamo.com/#/
I think your "Project" will never come Online.

If some other guys want to create the same shit.. 

 

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.