Dedicated Server what is needed?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked for 2-3k not 500, please read...

2 hours ago, troacari said:

2-3k people online?? WTF :)

Buy a KS-4A    Intel  i7-920    4c/8t    2,66GHz    16GB DDR3 1333 MHz      2TB     100 Mbps    /128  from https://www.kimsufi.com/es/servidores.xml

I think whit this you will dont have problem for max 500 users. You cant have 2-3k people in this days :))

• Premium

There is no "buy server A it can hold 5k players".

The more cores you have, the more minimum ram you need, also more CPU you need, but probably less map lag for players (don't make 1 core for each map also..).

Then your mysql server, should be tuned up to use a part of your ram to cache queries and make subsequent same queries faster.

There's a lot of factors to consider, but even a 4gb ram server can hold that many players or more, its all relative on your server design and the smooth experience you want to deliver, or not.

• Premium
18 minutes ago, Салом said:

You need a decent processor, up to 8GB of RAM, a fast network and an advanced HDD.
The most important is the network. You need a big band, somewhere at 1gb. To be able to support all 3,000 connections at the same time but not to lose data.

HDD? For backups sure. Else SSD all the way, this is 2018, not 2004.

Up to 8gb ram? Relative, read above. 16Gb being the standard.

1Gbps? Sure, the more the better, but needed? Absolutely no.

Have you ever measured the bandwitdth used by the server? Its so freaking low.

What he needs to focus on is latency.

100mbps with 10ms is infinite better then 1Gbps with 50ms.